Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yeah, I want to cry. :( (piog)

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:32 PM
  • 1 Replies

Couple weeks ago I posted about DH getting a job. I was so excited, so happy, cause after 7 months of being out of work, he finally had a job to go to.

But one of the stipulations of this job is that new hires have to pass an exam in order to stay with the job. They are given two chances to pass the exam (both paid by the company) and the first time was scheduled within 2 weeks of the start of training. The exam is over property and casualty insurance and they had to learn 12 chapters. The exam is randomized of 105 questions taken from a database of 20,000. He took it Friday and he failed. They rescheduled him to retake it today, he failed again. :( He's studied his butt off, but he's the type of person (like me) that learns things by doing, and 2 weeks is not enough time to learn that much information.

He can take the test again, but he would have to pay for it out of his own pocket, and the bad thing is that they are making him give the textbook back, so other than notes, he would not have anything to use to study with. He said the questions that were on the exam weren't anything they ever went over in class.

He is going to hit the temp agency tomorrow. I hope they are able to find something for him quickly. :(

Oh and his older brother also lost his job as well. And this with a company that he worked for previously and asked him to come back to work for them. What a waste. :(

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
thatgirl70
by Carin on May. 26, 2010 at 7:36 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)