Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single mom on purpose

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:33 PM
  • 0 Replies

I was watching this show on TLC about a woman who was expecting multiples.  Her husband was killed in a car wreck and after he died she did a sperm retreival.  She had 10 IVF's and finally it took.

I got pregnant with my oldest daughter and my daughter's dad went to jail while I was pregnant, he was supposed to get out when our daughter was 6 months old.  But he died in jail of an asthma attack when she was 4 months old.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone, I was young too, not even 21 when he died.  My best friend got pregnant and while she was pregnant her fiance was killed.  Both of us have went thru similar things, her son is only 5 years old while my daughter is 9 years old.  Luckily I have had a wonderful man in my daughter's life since she was 2 years old and he is her dad.

However this woman's situation got me to thinking, why would someone purposefully have a child (four children) in her case and knowing these kids will never ever know their father?  I know some people have sperm donor babies too.  I guess if you want to be a single mom more power to you.  I just know that with my daughter even having my husband in her life she still asks lots of questions like why did he die and why did he have to die and why can't I ever see him again.  I pray when she gets older that she will adjust but to me this woman on this show seems somewhat selfish.  I just think that you want the best for your kids and I would never ever wish my situation on anyone.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)