Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can my life get any worse

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:46 PM
  • 55 Replies

so yesterday i found out i have whit shit on my kidney. then today i went to see my mom and come home and my house smells really really bad. my first thought was the dog. my son goes to the kitchen and gets the pop out that i put in there at 3am last night. he was like mom its still hot. i go in and guess where the smell is coming from. the damn thing quit. so i had the great joy of throwing away 150 dollars worth of food that i bought on sat. away. then my husband comes home and he got laid off. so now i have no idea what I'm going to do for dinner tonight and we have no money until Friday. my parents are fucking worthless. his dad gave him 20 so we can get something to eat tonight but with 4 people to feed its not going to be much. he went back down to work to take some stuff back and told his boss. now his boss is going to buy us a new one and give us 200 dollars for food.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
r05373af
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:48 PM

sounds like my life. lol i know what you are going through, and i promise it will get better!

briana_paige
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:48 PM

It sounds like you need to stop complaining and be grateful that his boss is helping ya'll out. It's not like he had to do it.

CafeMom Tickers
csnook
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:51 PM

i was writing most of it before i found out that his boss is helping and im not complaining that he is helping out. i am really grateful that he is helping us.

Quoting briana_paige:

It sounds like you need to stop complaining and be grateful that his boss is helping ya'll out. It's not like he had to do it.

PTBAAMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:52 PM

yes it can get worse, you just don't want to know how.

jmommyj02
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Thought he was laid off

countrygirlkat
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:57 PM

That is great that his dad and the boss helped out.  See, it could be worse.  Hang in there mama.  I hope that he gets his check soon and then finds a job soon.  Sorry to hear about all this.

oporb
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Go down to hhs and apply for food stamps tomorrow - here in tx you can get emergency fs within a day or 2... it will help get you through until dh gets a job.... depending on your city it might take a bit -- hopefully he can get unemployment, tell him to apply tomorrow (if he qualifies) so it can get started within a few weeks....... thats really cool the boss is helping you out -- F your parents - mine are like that too!!!

OH -- and it could be worse...... just keep remembering that!!!

Benjamins-mama
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:00 PM

I don't think she was complaing that the boss was being generous.... I don't know where you got that from reading her post but that sounds very stressful OP.  Hope things get better soon.

Quoting briana_paige:

briana_paige
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I meant she needed to stop complaining in general. She has someone very generously helping her out.

Quoting Benjamins-mama:

I don't think she was complaing that the boss was being generous.... I don't know where you got that from reading her post but that sounds very stressful OP.  Hope things get better soon.

Quoting briana_paige:

csnook
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:06 PM

he did get laid off. he had to take his shirts back and the keys to his truck.

Quoting jmommyj02:

Thought he was laid off

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)