Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I knew this day was coming.. my son told on me

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:52 PM
  • 13 Replies

My son's father has not been the model father. One of the many reasons I left was him putting his hands on me in front of my son. We do try very hard to make a friendship work for my son's sake. But because he's not a model father to say the least, I do not tell MY father that he see's my son once a week. I live with my father and just don't want the drama. I never told my son NOt to tell my dad, he just hasn't! Ya know..

Last week and today, his visits were swimming at the park.. So my dad asked my son (age 2) if he had fun swimming? My son said yeah.. My dad asked if he wanted to go swimming with him this weekend.. My son said "No you not dddy, you paw paw, I swim with daddy".. CRAP.. I am not looking forward to my son going to bed, I know my dad is going to bring it up..

I know I shouldn't have kept it from him, but i all honesty, I'm a chicken and didn't want to hear my father's mouth, trying to influence my decision.. My father is a GREAt role model for my son, and doesn't see why my son would need a shitty dad in his life.. But quite frankly, I don't care.. My son loves his father, I supervise visits (since his father and I agreed to this together) so I know my son is safe and well taken care of. As long as my son is not being hurt in any way shape or form, then he will continue to see his father..

Still not looking foreward to the conversation..

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommytoNandA
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Well, it's bound to happen.  Kids will tell on you any chance they get.  Has he abused your son?  If not then your dad really can't say anything, I mean it is his kid too, KWIM?

HeatherM0529
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM

I'm not understanding. Your father knew they went swimming together, so when he said he goes swimming with daddy. I don't get it!!

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Well, you are an adult and a parent yourself. You shouldn't have to explain yourself, but since the situation requires it, stand up for your decisions

LovingMyJaybird
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:57 PM

NO NEVER! I would have him in prison for years on top of years, fighting every chance for parole if he ever touched my kid..

Quoting MommytoNandA:

Well, it's bound to happen.  Kids will tell on you any chance they get.  Has he abused your son?  If not then your dad really can't say anything, I mean it is his kid too, KWIM?

LovingMyJaybird
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Sorry, should have explained.. my dad knew that *I* took my son swimming today, he didn't know that my son's father would be there

Quoting HeatherM0529:

I'm not understanding. Your father knew they went swimming together, so when he said he goes swimming with daddy. I don't get it!!

LoriLou75
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Can I ask how old you are? You need to just make it clear to your dad that although he may not like some of your choices, as an adult and as a parent, they are YOUR choices to make, not his.

countrygirlkat

Good luck.  Hopefully after you explain that you supervise the visits and such he will see that it is okay.  He is probably just worried about your son's safety so if you reassure him it will probably be all okay. 

LovingMyJaybird

I am deffinantly standing by my choice, because I know it's right for my son.. at the time visits started, I was a very impressionable person, and I knew my father COULD change my mind. So I didn't tell my father.. as the months have passed I have become stronger, and more confidant in my own choices.. I know now I can't be swayed.. a few months ago, I could have and would have backed down..

Quoting JulyBabies:

Well, you are an adult and a parent yourself. You shouldn't have to explain yourself, but since the situation requires it, stand up for your decisions

LovingMyJaybird
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I am 20, and yes I plan on doing just that.. but at the time visits started, it didn't seem important to let my father in on the fact that my son was seeing his father.. I knew this day was coming, and prepared myself for it, but I'm still not looking foreward to it.. I haven't outright lied to my dad... and my mother knows.. BUT I haven't been totally honest either

Quoting LoriLou75:

Can I ask how old you are? You need to just make it clear to your dad that although he may not like some of your choices, as an adult and as a parent, they are YOUR choices to make, not his.

LovingMyJaybird
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:03 PM

HOPEFULLY!!!!!!! Thanks ladies

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Good luck.  Hopefully after you explain that you supervise the visits and such he will see that it is okay.  He is probably just worried about your son's safety so if you reassure him it will probably be all okay. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)