Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think it should be a law!!! EDIT

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:59 PM
  • 102 Replies

So this is just a vent, but I am really thinking about protesting against restaurants and stores that do not have baby changing stations in the bathroom!! This is ridiculous where am I supposed to change my baby?

DH and I tried to go to a nice restaraunt for dinner the other night and before we ordered I went to change Hunter, this bathroom was HUGE, but no baby changing station so I asked the server where I could change my son and she said "try your car" I was so pissed off it was pouring rain outside! I just looked at DH and said we are leaving!!

I don't get why they can't just put one in every handicap stall or on the wall outside the stalls....I just think everywhere should have one!!!!!

Next time I am gonna change him right there on the table LOL

Ok just for clarification....this was a family restaraunt!

I didn't think about changing him on the counter, I was frustrated!

I asked to change him on their bench that was no where near other customers and they said no...so I tried that option before deciding to leave!

No I can not change him in my car my seats are tilted and he would just roll off, its not safe with his head being so floppy.

The title is not serious, I know they will never make it a law, this is just a vent, so people please don't be so rude, its not like you have never vented!!

Photobucket
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I hate that also, but that's one reason why it's good to have a nice and decent size changing pad with you....

toopicky429
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:01 PM

LOL, I remember those days, and I also hate when they don't have a changing station in the Men's room. It makes it easier for dads to get away from diaper duty, lol.

boy_or_girl
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:02 PM

2 thumbs up for changing him on the table. This pisses me off too. I forgot where I was the other day, but an employee asked how the service was. I told him it sucked ass because I had no where to change my son even though they had a huge bathroom with tons of room and it was a family restaurant.

PTBAAMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I have done just that....they had one put in about 3 months later...lol.  wonder how many moms did it too!

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Crazy Chris on May. 26, 2010 at 8:03 PM

I agree! It really drives me crazy when I have to change my babies and there is NO place to do it! It's called customer service and some places don't care!

boyd-family
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:03 PM

I have a pad, but I am paranoid about changing him out in public with all the perverts out there lol, and not only that he is in the blow out poop diaper stage and I don't think people would like to see that while they are eating haha!!

Quoting lanceandhailey:

I hate that also, but that's one reason why it's good to have a nice and decent size changing pad with you....

Photobucket
MovalMomsADMIN
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:04 PM

shit i would change my kiddos anywhere it didnt bother people

omgamomie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Don't change dd in public restrooms. 

happyVTmommy20

I agree, it's VERY annoying!

LoriLou75

Sorry, but the last thing we need is more laws making it impossible for small business to survive, let alone thrive. Change your kid in your car or something. It isn't that difficult to figure this one out....is it??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)