• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if you were the mother?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:08 PM
  • 41 Replies

Today I was at work. I work in a day care. I told this little girl to get down off a toy before she gets hurt, and she came up to me and spit on me. So when her mother came to pick her up I told her about the situation. She looks at her daughter and says are you sorry for what you did? The little girl says no. So the mother looks at me and says I'm not going to make her say sorry because she said she is not sorry for what she did and then she just walked away. Wow are you serious.  

Just wanted to add that the little girl who did the spitting if 4 years old. So she is old enough to know the difference between right and wrong. 

by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Wow, I would love to see how that girl turns out.

I would apologize profusely and would order, not ask,  my child to do so. If she wasn't sorry then, she would be later.

Benjamins-mama
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I would have made my child say he/she was sorry and would have gotten into trouble for spitting on a teacher/ or daycare worker

Mrs.Katie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:14 PM

I would have made my child say they were sorry, then I would have apologized for their actions and then explained to my child that spitting is a horrible thing to do.

butterflyblu
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:15 PM

How old is the little girl?

tnbjbeams444
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Oh heck no. I would have told her that if happens again she will have to find another day-care. That is assault and gross.

G0rJ3ssM0mmy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:17 PM

I would have gotten my ass beat if I disrespected a teacher like that as a child, just goes to show you peoples parenting skills suck now-a-days.  My mother would have made me apologize whether I was sorry or not, and if I refused she'da whooped my ass and I'd do the same thing to my youngin.

QuickMomma

Quoting Benjamins-mama:

I would have made my child say he/she was sorry and would have gotten into trouble for spitting on a teacher/ or daycare worker

mommas3cubs

Quoting tnbjbeams444:

Oh heck no. I would have told her that if happens again she will have to find another day-care. That is assault and gross.

I agree.

wedding websites

Sean_mommy4life

She is 4. 

Quoting butterflyblu:

How old is the little girl?

LostInnocence
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Yep I would tell her if her dd continues to do that she needs to take her elsewhere....

Quoting tnbjbeams444:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)