Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Palpitations during pregnancy

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:10 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok, long story. My pulse about this last month of pregnancy (I am 32 weeks 5 days) has been through the roof. I was hospitalized with Tachycardia earlier this month. My pulse was 120-150 bpm range resting. While I was in the hospital I had 2 abnormal EKGS and 2 thyroid tests coming back abnormal, a CT scan (to check for blood clots) and the rest of my blood work came back normal. The next day I had an echocardiogram which was also normal. The cardiologist put me on Toporal (25 mgs twice a day) to control my pulse and sent me to a endocrinologist to evaluate the thyroid test. I saw the endo. yesterday, they did another panel and they all came back normal. So, they said the thyroid stuff was pregnancy related. I have another appointment with the cardiologist tomorrow. My pulse at the OB office on Tuesday was 154 bpm & yesterday at the endo. it was 141 bpm. ANYWAY, today I have felt the palpitations and my heart skipping around, my pulse has been relatively low today running about 115 bpm, my blood pressure was 146/94 on my home moniter (I have had Chronic Hypertension since age 17 and am taking Methyldopa). I'm running out of ideas. The constant racing has drug me down, I just don't feel right. I'm guessing it's all pregnancy related and the baby is healthy going to the OB once weekly and the perinatologist weekly. What else can I do!??!?!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DigiScrapperMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:14 PM

I don't know, but I'm sorry you're going through this.

danielsmommy2b
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:49 PM

BUMP!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:03 PM

BUMP!

CrystalCD
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:58 PM

You sound like me when I was pregnant with my baby boy. I was having the same problems and they put a Holter Monitor on me for 24 hours. I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolaspe and given the prescription Metaprolol and it helped some but didnt fully go away until I gave birth to him. I havent had any problems since. I hope you feel better soon!

jltplk25
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:05 PM

I had that as well; diagnosed at the age of 18 with it. I used an OTC drug that Im afraid can't be used during pregnancy. I can't even remember the name but Im thinking it was some sort of aspirin. After I had my son, I no longer had the problem. Here's hoping the issue goes away once your bundle arrives, OP. :) GL.

Quoting CrystalCD:

You sound like me when I was pregnant with my baby boy. I was having the same problems and they put a Holter Monitor on me for 24 hours. I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolaspe and given the prescription Metaprolol and it helped some but didnt fully go away until I gave birth to him. I havent had any problems since. I hope you feel better soon!

pregnancy due date

baby
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)