Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New mom mistake. How do I clean this up? Please help me save my daddy's favorite chair!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:32 PM
  • 7 Replies

I decided to change my newborn's diaper on the ottoman today and the cover does not come off. Well, needless to say it now has poop and pee on it. I wiped it up with a wet towel, now how do I ACTUALLY clean it, like to make it sanitary again? Do I have to hire someone to steam clean it? I will feel silly if I do because it is the oldest rattiest chair ever, but it was my Dad's and he has passed on. It was his favorite chair/ottoman and I can't bear to part with it, as beat up and hideous as it is.

I am a...

Cloth diapering, Breast Feeding, Selective Vaxxing, Co-sleeping, ERF to the MAX, non-CIO, Wiccan, Gay Rights Supporting, Outdoorsy, Crafty, Animal loving,  Girl Scout Supporting, College Educated, Army Wife, Other culture absorbing, liberal, SAHM, to one beautiful baby girl.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momto3girls0620
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:33 PM

try some oxyclean

Aamy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Resolve, and then keep a towel over it till its dry. 

IAmPregnant Ticker

ginger813
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:34 PM

that is a mother's best friend!

Quoting momto3girls0620:

try some oxyclean

Mama2lilGarrett
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I usually take a warm bucket of water and add alittle laundry detergent and scrub with a scrub brush.

AngelicaRenee
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:40 PM

this is what I was going to say too

Quoting momto3girls0620:

try some oxyclean

rchl882
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:41 PM

I use resolve multi fabric for that kind of stuff, spray it on, leave it for a min, and get a hot wash rag and scrub the crap out of it! Then keep rnsing the wash rag with hot water and clean it over and over till the wash rag comes off the fabric clean!

ashmac03
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:42 PM

It might be a good time to think about investing in a steam cleaner of your own.  We have one and it has saved us many times with three kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)