Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RIP Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett :(

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:35 PM
  • 5 Replies

WARSAW, Mo. — The American Sprint Car Series has confirmed that Jesse “The Rocket” Hockett was killed Wednesday afternoon in an accident at his home in Missouri.

The 26-year-old racer was reportedly electrocuted while prepping his trailer for the Memorial Day weekend of racing, which was to include Thursday’s USAC event at the Terre Haute (Ind.) Action Track and two Lucas Oil ASCS Sprint Car Series events at the Jetmore Motorplex in Kansas.

I am just sick, sick to my stomach. I have been working around this gentleman for over 4 years now, it is like loosing a brother, RIP Jesse racing will never be the same with "The Rocket" :(

by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on May. 26, 2010 at 8:37 PM

thats sad.

condolences to his family and friends.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on May. 26, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Thank you, he will be dearly missed by us all :(

piercedbeauty21
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:45 PM

I'm sorry about your loss.

kaitlynsmommy31
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:41 PM

It's very sad...I went to school with him. He graduated a few years ahead of me, but being a small town, everyone knows EVERYONE. I went to a few of his races, he was a very talented young man. He will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers are with you, his friends, family, and his new wife.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on May. 26, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Yes it is very say :( I have been around racing all my life and we have raced against him many times and he has raced with an assoc. I have worked with. Very, Very nice man and family, he will be greatly missed in our sport.

Quoting kaitlynsmommy31:

It's very sad...I went to school with him. He graduated a few years ahead of me, but being a small town, everyone knows EVERYONE. I went to a few of his races, he was a very talented young man. He will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers are with you, his friends, family, and his new wife.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)