• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

grandfather/dad/son drama.... advice please

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:39 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok so for the past  5/6 months Xavier's father as been seeing him once a week for 2/3 hours.... Well one of the times he came over xavier was still sleeping and i wasn't going to wake him up i said he was welcome to sit around and stay late since he was still sleeping... durning that time he told me him and his dad has been fighting again and that is why he is back in xavier's life and he is going to try his hardest not to mess up...

sooo fast forward to now... Xavier's grandfather added me on facebook and sent me one of those messages.. it said "i am missing X and i'd love to come see him this weekend sometime here is my number ********** and please give me a call so i know when to come down...

Well sunday is the only day i am not busy doing something this weekend but that is xavier's fathers day to see xavier... i texted him and asked if it would be alright if we went out to the park or something (depending on the weather) so xavier can also see his grandfather and his dad together... he said he doesn't know and hasn't replyed back since that text message...

Xavier hasn't seen his only grandfather since he was 6 months old so i really kinda of want him to see him and come to visit more often but i do not want to say it is alright for him to come and xavier's father freaks out...

ARG... Should i just allow his grandfather to come see him sunday and tell his dad to deal with it or wait for a day that i'm not so busy or when i know i'm not busy for his grandfather to come see him?

Never tell me i can't do something.. The doctors told me i couldn't give birth to a baby over 7lb.. Xavier was 8lb 1oz..i was told that with my back pain after having xavier i couldn't walk and i still get up and move around.. with pain but i do it... I'm 17 i'm a teen mom and i'm a pretty god damn good one... I voice my opinions but don't push them.. i'm Wiccan and I do NOT push my views on anyone and expected others not to push theirs on me or my son.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
XavierLeesmommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:51 PM

bump... please?

Harmony_31
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:53 PM

BUMP!

XavierLeesmommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Thanks for the bump...

no one has advice for me?

shannonw79
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:09 PM

My thought is that if dad and grandpa are not getting along you should have them visit at two different times. You and your son have no reason to be in the middle of their drama and that is what I see happening in a situation like his one.

massteria
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Have grandpa wait.  It is not worth the headache if things do not go well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)