Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do baby pictures matter?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:30 PM
  • 51 Replies

We lived at my husbands grandmothers house and when we moved out they allowed us to store some important things in there, well we got a call today that it was all in the trash.  Mother in law told us, we didnt even get any warning.  I am devestated, all of my dds baby pictures are in there, and their baby books.  I have nothing for them when they grow up to show them.  I am heartbroken and I have already told his whole family except his mom and his sister they are dead to me.  Did I overreact?  Do baby pictures matter?

Photobucket
pregnancy due date
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M0M0F03
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:31 PM

They would to me...and I would go get her trash!

angelgirl0225
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:31 PM

I think they do. I would be furious!

BaisMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I don't think you overreacted. That's FUCKED UP! All your children's documented memories...things dear to all of your hearts...yeah, they'd be dead to me too.

charlene_kyle

Oh my gosh. I would be crying. My pictures mean the world to me. I couldnt imagine. I would be going through their trash. No in my opinion you did NOT over react.

college.mom

They took them to the dump because you cannot throw that much in the dumpster.  I already looked in there to see if they did it anyway.

Quoting M0M0F03:

They would to me...and I would go get her trash!

Photobucket
pregnancy due date
avi_nevaeh_mama
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Wow I would be pissed. How could they say you could store stuff and then just chuck it out without telling you? I would express to them that there were pictures in the boxes and if there is anyway they can get it out (like the garbage hasn't been collected) then they need to do so. I'm sorry. We had a laptop stolen that had a TON of my kids baby pics (all of my sons first bday pics too) on it. I was devastated.

debbie26
They do to me and they would have moved with me as well.... Sorry about that I would be pissed as well about that if it were to happen to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briana_paige

They do matter. How direspectful of them to not give you any warning. I would be livid.

CafeMom Tickers
college.mom

Trust me I am hysterical right now but there is nothing I can do to get them back.  I am just mourning the loss now.

Quoting charlene_kyle:

Oh my gosh. I would be crying. My pictures mean the world to me. I couldnt imagine. I would be going through their trash. No in my opinion you did NOT over react.

Photobucket
pregnancy due date
ajswenson
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM

That doesn't make any sense to me.  Are you sure something else didn't happen?  Sorry that is horrible and I would be devastated....are you going to dig through the trash?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)