• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to conceive a girl...

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:41 PM
  • 11 Replies

I know there are some of you that are experts on this. My husband wants us to try for a girl and I know there are some scientific studies that say if you follow the methods you are like 75% more likely to have a girl. SO what do ya got for me???

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JZB
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:42 PM

There's groups for it on here

slm047
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:43 PM

bump.

elly25
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I have no clue. My husband told me that he had a talk with his penis for a girl. Turns out that conversation worked.  I had a little girl. Who is now two years old.

Just_Bethy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Dan wanted a girl so bad...So we did the nursery in blue..Everything..drapes..bedding...diaper bag...toys ...few clothes..BLUE and yep..we got a girl..LOL...Hardly Scientific I know...but the luck we had had to that point ...yeah...so it worked for us..LMAO...

kiernansmom08
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Hubby and I watched a show on this on discovery health...boy sperm swim faster, but die faster, so you're supposed to have sex before you actually ovulate and then when your egg drops, the only sperm left are the girly ones :-)

ajzuell
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Bump would like to know too!

DreadyMom
by on May. 27, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Ok So I have been reading up... anyone else got some info?

elle7777
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2010 at 10:02 AM

There is the theory that male sperm swim faster but die sooner so have sex a few days before ovulation then abstain. There is a book on the subject that is popular but it is not coming to mind.

This website is all about the subject

http://ingender.com/

nmjordan
by on May. 27, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Quoting kiernansmom08:

Hubby and I watched a show on this on discovery health...boy sperm swim faster, but die faster, so you're supposed to have sex before you actually ovulate and then when your egg drops, the only sperm left are the girly ones :-)

This is what I was going to say.

~ Nicole ~
Mom to Brandon, 6-25-06
Proud Navy Wife to Mike

Anna112
by on May. 27, 2010 at 10:09 AM

there is a group you can join, trying to conceive a girl, they have alot of helpful hints, and the group owner is great....

I did the shelton method, stop having intercourse two days prior to ovulation, and I got my DD from it....

Good Luck !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)