• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for those that have garage sales or go to them. I need ur help

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have lots of boy clothes from new born to 12 months. I need help deciding what to price the clothes at.

Anyways I have onesies,shoes,sleepers, outfits,receiving blankets, blankets,socks. These are in great condition. I already gave away the ones that were not.  I'm thinking of setting up tables and putting a big paper and just putting a price for everything on that table. Or I can wrap the outfits up with tape and put a price on the tape. I just need an idea please! What's the easiest way to do this.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
justgg
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:23 PM

25 CENTS TO 50 CENTS FOR TSHIRTS OR LIL PANTS, AND 5 CENTS FOR SOCKS, 10-25 CENTS FOR BIBS, MOST PEOPLE LIKE TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE GETTING SO NO DON'T TAPE THEM , BUT SELL OUTFITS FOR 50 CENTS TO 75 CENTS.......JUST MY THOUGHT BUT IF YOU REALLY REALLY WANT THEM TO GO AWAY GO CHEAP BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP PACKING THEM BACK UP PRICE HIGH BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY, YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAUL STUFF BACK IN! I HAVE YARD SALES AROUND HERE JUST ABOUT EVERY WEEK BUT I HAVE 7 KIDS AND I GET NEW STUFF EVERYDAY...

justgg
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:25 PM

HEY SELL ICE COLD DRINKS FOR 50 CENTS, ICE COLD WATER FOR 50 CENTS....IT IS EXTRA CHANGE IN YOUR POCKET AT THE END OF THE DAY...

justgg
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:27 PM

MAKE SURE YOU PRICE EVERYTHING ...THE WORST THING AT A YARD SALE IS HAVING TO ASK WELL HOW MUCH IS THIS OR THAT, MOST PEOPLE WILL WALK AWAY FROM THINGS IF THERE IS NOT A PRICE ON THEM....

ErikaM27
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Quoting justgg:

MAKE SURE YOU PRICE EVERYTHING ...THE WORST THING AT A YARD SALE IS HAVING TO ASK WELL HOW MUCH IS THIS OR THAT, MOST PEOPLE WILL WALK AWAY FROM THINGS IF THERE IS NOT A PRICE ON THEM....

yeah that's what i do so people won't be asking lol.

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:34 PM

I never give over a quarter for a shirt. Never over 50 cents for pants. Outfits I will give a dollar or two (if its really cute).

You can use little safety pins to keep outfit pieces together. Socks are great to stuff a little baggie (4-6 pairs of the same size) for 25 cents.

I agree mark everything.. I hate no prices.

Remember that even though its in good condition, it is still used. I think especially for kids clothes, cheaper is the way to go.

You can also do a bag sale (especially on the last day)  Let your customers stuff a bag for a couple of dollars.

LostInnocence
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:37 PM

You could make alot more selling them on ebay. Just a suggestion :)

i.heart.rachel
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:51 PM

I don't pay more than $1 for any piece of clothing. Even a set I usually will pay $1 or $2 for. Unless you live in like Cali or New York you need to keep the prices under that. I wouldn't wrap them up with tape cuz it gets hot and then the sticky part of the tape melts to the clothes. I'd put items together by price.. quarter table/section, fifty cent table/section, etc. Definitely sell COLD drinks and chips! Good luck.

ErikaM27
by on May. 27, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

I don't pay more than $1 for any piece of clothing. Even a set I usually will pay $1 or $2 for. Unless you live in like Cali or New York you need to keep the prices under that. I wouldn't wrap them up with tape cuz it gets hot and then the sticky part of the tape melts to the clothes. I'd put items together by price.. quarter table/section, fifty cent table/section, etc. Definitely sell COLD drinks and chips! Good luck.

good idea too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)