• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

maybe ya'll didnt see my post! lets try again!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:03 PM
  • 21 Replies

it isnt drama... but i do need opinions. we all know how much cafemoms like to give an opinion!

i want another tattoo really bad but my hubby hates them! and hes practically begging me not to get another. its not like the tattoo i want is meaningless. i want a swallow bird(which represents loyalty to the family) with my children's birth flowers being held in its mouth. i really want this tattoo, motherhood is very very important to me. but hubby says they are a turn off. that last thing i need to do is turn off my hubby. how can we make this decision fair??

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDuNn06
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:35 PM

hello!!!!!!!!!!!!

babysyoungmom1
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:36 PM

BUMP!

Newtons06
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:37 PM
I would say discuss it with him and let him know your reasoning and see if there is a place he wouldn't mind you getting it. If he can help you decide where to put it then maybe he wont hate it so much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommytoNandA
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Hmm, IDK.  If it was me I would do it anyway, I think that's stupid!  I love the idea for the tat, it sounds really cute!  Myabe you could ask him the least offensive place you could get it??

mrs.sgt

hmm, maybe have him help you pick out a design and that'll get him more into the idea?  My husband and I both want to get tattooed, but he's taking forever deciding what he wants lol.

He started talking about a tattoo almost 10 years ago when we were just dating, and still hasn't done it haha!  But I will say, until he decided he wanted something meaningful I was against it.  He's going to get something representing his military career, just doesn't know what yet.  When he wanted to get a tiger or something random like that I kind of turned up my nose.

ProudMom9799

im stealing her answer =)

Quoting Newtons06:

I would say discuss it with him and let him know your reasoning and see if there is a place he wouldn't mind you getting it. If he can help you decide where to put it then maybe he wont hate it so much

kk_bella

I think that sounds like a very pretty idea for a tattoo and if you want a tattoo on YOUR body, you should get one. I would take my husband's opinion into consideration- that does not mean I would always do what he wanted me to do.

pixie_trix
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:39 PM

There is no way to make the decision "fair".

Either choice will be "unfair" to one of you. Either you because you want it and won't get it because he doesn't like it. Or ... to him because he doesn't like tattoos finds them to be a turn off and his wife made the choice to get one.. See what I mean.. there is no way to be "fair'..

You just have to ball up and make a final decision. Which is more important to YOU.. Getting the tat that you want regardless of your husband's feelings about it. Or.. Don't get the tat because of your husband's feelings about it.

key2ynot

Um I can understand not wanting to turn off DH....but at the same time, my body - my rules! 

Orionsgirl

Is there a place that you can put it that won't be in his face all the time? My hubby has tattoos , lots of them, but I don't want him to get anymore or in certain places because it will be a turn off and I need to look at him. So compromise on a place that he won't necessarily have to see it all the time and make it small.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)