Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would y'all do dh cousin mad at us because we didn't invite her to OUR family vacation???

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:10 PM
  • 29 Replies

So dh female cousin and her 2kids came by my house today.  She over heard my dh talking to his friend about watching over our house and taking care of our dog for the 3days we  will be away for a mini vacation next month to the beach.  She says oh i wanna go who's going.  I say me, dh,the kids, my mil&fil.  She say oh i wanna go her kids and bf.  She asked why me and dh didn't invite her.  I said well it was a family vacation just for my family and my in laws.  It was already planned months ago we already got the rooms.  So she wants to invite herself to go by saying oh i'm family.  But that's not the point it' s MY family vacation get away.  She has planned 2 of her own family vacations in the last month and i said nothing.  Because it's her family vacation.  So do y'all think i should go ahead invite her even though it was my family vacation and have plans made already?  I told her i have to talk with in laws and get back to her.  She got my dh thinking about not going now because she was like y'all planned something without her.  I didn't know i had to report to her when ever i wanted to plan something for my family.   I talked to my mil she said dh cousin is VERY JEALOUS hearted and always been that way.  So what would y'all do?        

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Samantha_1629
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:13 PM

I would not invite her. Don't have to book rooms in advance? She would have nowhere to stay. I just wouldn't invite her. She's a grown woman she needs to grow up and go on her own vacations.

briana_paige
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Tell her this was planned for YOUR family and your family only. Maybe suggest everyone go on a vacation later?

And who cares if she gets pissed. She has no right to.

CafeMom Tickers
ErikaM27
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM

I would NOT invite her. I would tell her this is something we planned and when you go to a vacation we don't tag along. How inconsiderate of her to think she has to be invited. What if you all wanted to go alone without the in laws? She has to go too? Crazy. Tell her NO.

nemiller
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM

i wouldn't invite her.  if she wants to butthurt, let her deal with it alone.  it is SO rude to invite yourself places, and i don't allow people to set that precedence with me.  i will not be steamrolled when i am trying to just have a relaxing couple days with my family.

jacksonsmommy23
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM

First off I think its cute that you used "ya'll" throughout this post. Lol. I am very country. Second, she needs to get the hell over it. Let her be mad. What is the worst that she could do? Not talk to you for awhile?

ajzuell
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Yes you do have to book way in advance like I did in February because it's very busy that week at the beach mostly the whole month of June.   

Quoting Samantha_1629:

I would not invite her. Don't have to book rooms in advance? She would have nowhere to stay. I just wouldn't invite her. She's a grown woman she needs to grow up and go on her own vacations.

Allebas
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM

WOW!!!! She sounds like a selfish, rude, childish person!!!!! I would NEVER EVER invite myself on someone else's vacation!!! I would tell her if you had WANTED her to come with you guys, you would have INVITED her!!! I would NOT ask her if she wants to come!! That would just make her then "EXPECT" you guys to invite her in the future when you make plans to go on vacation!!! DO NOT let her RUIN YOUR vacation!! Have a GREAT VACATION and if she gets pissed off or whatever, that is her problem--not yours.

robsgurl_23
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:19 PM

I wouldnt invite her..I would tell her I am sorry but the plans were already made and they cant be changed but next time I will kepp in mind to invite her. She has no right to invite herself like that.

possummom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM

inviting herself on your family vacation is just not acceptable. tell her no.

possummom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:23 PM

lol...reading this response. the worst thing she can do? not invite herself on the next vacation...wont that show them!! lol

Quoting jacksonsmommy23:

First off I think its cute that you used "ya'll" throughout this post. Lol. I am very country. Second, she needs to get the hell over it. Let her be mad. What is the worst that she could do? Not talk to you for awhile?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)