• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OH FLIP..I can't believe I did this...Someone help?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I do EVERYTHING ...always have...Hubby gets a Jury Service notice....Like 6 damn weeks ago..I told him...It said to call on the 17 of this month and find out if he has to go....Yeah...I forgot...NOW what?? I am hoping he didn't have to go...but what happens if he did..?? I simply forgot til this minute and they are closed...I best call in the morning but does anyone know what might happen...would I have heard anything by now...It was 9 days ago...I can not believe I forgot!!! DAMN

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jmommyj02
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I forgot this last time I was called up and totally forgot, nothing happened and it was about 1 year ago.

nemiller
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM

i'd say just call and explain the situation.  i doubt you're the first person to forget about a jury summons.

ErikaM27
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM

I dont know can't you get in trouble for not going? I always got online cause I was exempt from going so I would just notify them that way but I dont know about your dh. I guess you'll have to make up a big excuse when you call?

MawMawKelton
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:19 PM

If it was jury duty and he didn't go ... around here they send a Sheriff to the house in a certain amount of time and he gives you info and forms so you go to court. You then wait your turn and stand before the judge and explain why you missed Jury Duty.

You can be sent to jail, fined, or warned.

Thats how it is here.

RmeWifey01
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:20 PM

It's been about 11 yrs for me and nothing happened. Of course I moved out of state shortly after getting it. I lost mine for months cuz I'm NOT organized. You should just call tomorrow.

Just_Bethy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Ladies thanks..I am going to have HIM call in the morning..It would be stupid if I called...sounding like his mother..lmao...And in my defence he knew as much as I did..I just can't believe I forgot and didn't call the # to see if he had to go...*Facepalm*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)