• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok, scared to death I am going to lose him, CT scan on Friday...!!UPDATE#3!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:53 PM
  • 38 Replies

I made my husband a doctors appointment just for a checkup...........its much worse than that now. Doctor ordered a CT scan and a colonoscopy....my DH is 28.  Doctor said he abdomen was tender and it hurt in his right side.  they drew blood and all that. Husband has always had bathroom issues but we always thought it was just his diet. Doctor says because of the family history and and his abdominal symptoms we need to have the tests done just so he can rule out others and call it IBS and such....

Part of me can not stop worrying about what could be wrong....his grandmother died of stomach cancer....his father from kidney complications from a transplant because of Diabetes....I cant' stop thinking about the cancer my father died from.  Colon and pancreatic cancer (dont' know which one came first) His colonoscopy is on the 24th.

Anyone else have any thing like this or know someone?

Nurse called today to go over stuff for the CT scan...they are looking at his stomach and his liver.....?

His blood work all of it came back normal!  YEAH!!! So hopefully the CT will show nothing and he just has IBS!

They gave him a dye to drink, dye in an IV, and a RECTAL dye!  He was so not happy or feeling very well by the time he got home.  Doctor said that as soon as he gets the results they will let us know if he wants the Colonoscopy done sooner.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NewMom2RAD
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Gosh you just scared ME half to death...my husband's grandfather died of colon cancer, and my husband's been having issues in that area :( I have no experience to go on for you or any good advice, but if they are waiting a month to do it they must not think it's TOO serious. All I know is when it's life or death they get you in quick. I'm sorry you're going through this! :(

sarah969
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:57 PM

BUMP!

NewMom2RAD
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:58 PM

I just realized I misunderstood what you wrote...they are doing a CT scan Fri but waiting a month for the colonoscopy?? Which one is going to give more answers? It doesn't make sense they'd wait that long

BLW091104
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:58 PM

I'm sorry you are going through this. My grandma died from kidney faliure, but since thi is being checked early on I would say he has a good chance no matter the outcome. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts hugs

MomTo2Boys2526
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Hugs! Here is a bump

MrsK34
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Could be a number of different things, like the PP said, if it were an eemergency they would get you in right away.  I think you should wait for the blood work to come back and take it from there.

PTBAAMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:02 PM

not always...they never did a a scan on his grandmother...they kept telling her it was IBS and acid reflux and all that...she died, otopsy came back...cancer had ate her up.  The 24th is just for the colonospocpy,  was the first open apointment that we could go do and the doctors soonest opening.  They wanted him in today for the CT scan but we were not able to make it till friday.

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:02 PM

well, my dad died last year from undiagnosed heart disease at 47 it was very unexpected, our dd was born and died this month, and now DF had an MRI today because his doctor suspects a past head and neck injury and is worried about his symptoms: a feeling of having no brain in his skull, severe migraines for years, tingling in his arms and hands, what we thought we anxiety/panic attacks but turns out they may be something else entirely, and he's fainted a few times in the past when he tilted his head back. we should hear back in the morning but i'm not sure how much more we can take. i'm afraid i'm going to have a freaking mental break down.

good luck to your husband, i really couldn't imagine exactly what you're feeling, but i'm right there with ya worried worried worried lol

Just_Bethy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I have no advice for you...But I am thinking of you...Love and Light...

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on May. 26, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Oh that is stressful to have to wait and find out the results. I'm here if you wanna chat. I hope everything is okay! Will say a prayer for ya'll

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)