• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's my fault my Mom's health is in danger

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:54 PM
  • 2 Replies

My dh and I, and our 2 children moved 3 weeks ago.  We moved out of state, so now we're 8 hours away from my parents, instead of 6.  My mom told me yesterday that she had to go back on blood pressure meds because "her heart hurts" from missing my kids so much.  Wow...thanks for the guilt trip mom.  Now, I don't have the closest relationship with my parents as it is and they didn't see my kids all that often before....so why does she feel she needs to put that guilt on me?  Anyone else's parents do this to them?  And how do you deal with it?  (oh and by the way...possibly why my mom has to be on BP meds is because she's very very overweight, has zero physical activity, and my brother is in jail again for the umpteenth time.  But, I'm sure that has NOTHING to do with it)  frustrated

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jltplk25
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:57 PM

*raises hand*

My mom actually blamed me for being part of the reason she has high blood pressure. I used to be super close to my mom but since my parents divorce five years ago, she's just a bit too off her rocker. I've been told that Im going to lose my son (something about his health or some crap like that), she's threatened to sue me in the past, and she claimed that DH and I were going to wind up getting a divorce b/c he slept on the couch for a few weeks. Oh it's also my fault she never gets to see my son. Apparently cars and airplanes only go one direction and it's up to me to come see her. I've been married almost five years...in those five years she's only came to see us twice. Once when my son was born and then this past month for a baby shower.

ETA: I just let it roll off my back. Yeah it pisses me off from time to time but I have a husband who loves me and has my back. I know he's always there for me no matter what and will defend me if need be.

pregnancy due date

baby
nebraskamomto2
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Quoting jltplk25:

*raises hand*

My mom actually blamed me for being part of the reason she has high blood pressure. I used to be super close to my mom but since my parents divorce five years ago, she's just a bit too off her rocker. I've been told that Im going to lose my son (something about his health or some crap like that), she's threatened to sue me in the past, and she claimed that DH and I were going to wind up getting a divorce b/c he slept on the couch for a few weeks. Oh it's also my fault she never gets to see my son. Apparently cars and airplanes only go one direction and it's up to me to come see her. I've been married almost five years...in those five years she's only came to see us twice. Once when my son was born and then this past month for a baby shower.

Oh yes, apparently we are the only ones that can make an 8 hr drive.  They're car isn't able to drive that distance.  And yep, the planes only fly one direction here too! **gasp** 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)