Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im truly horrified by people these days....they make me sick

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:54 PM
  • 40 Replies

Racism is so alive its scary. About a year ago, There was a mexican man who was beaten to death by 3 High school students. Very clearly it was bc they were racist bc they were yelling out all sorts of names referring to this poor  man.  He was beaten to death! The father of a baby girl who is growing up without a father, and now a wife with no husband. The boys that beat him were not going to get trialed for murder, so the feds stepped in and now they are, thank you lord for that! They murdered that man.

Now 2 weeks ago, here where I live. Not far from my moms house, at a bar. A fight occured, 2 men beat up another mexican, which they beat him so bad, he was brain dead! Yes he was here illegally, but he was still a human, he was a father and a husband, someones son, grandson, brother, etc. They took his life! I'm sorry but If this was at a bar, why the hell did no one step in and stop them, instead they looked on, as they watched this man get beat to death! Had i been there, I would have stepped in, called the cops and had them arrested. Granted someone called the police, but why not try to stop these men from killing this man! I'm truly horrified by this.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelicaRenee
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:57 PM

I agree. I don't care if you came here legally or not. I wish they would do it legally but I would NEVER hurt someone, or want to hurt someone just because of where they were born or what they look like. doesn't make sense.

harvgal04
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:59 PM

me either! I cant believe that I have actually heard people say "well he deserved it, he shouldnt be here illegally, he's taking our jobs." i dont care how true that statement is, he was still a loved one to someone.

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

I agree. I don't care if you came here legally or not. I wish they would do it legally but I would NEVER hurt someone, or want to hurt someone just because of where they were born or what they look like. doesn't make sense.

chocolat-smiles
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:01 PM

throwing uppeople disgust me!!!!! Racism is ignorant!!!!!!!!

RmeWifey01
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:04 PM

I could not bring myself to stand by and watch somebody get beat to death. In fact I have been in that position before. I lived in a med. sized city at one time and one night at about 2 or 3 am this mob of ppl were chasing this guy at first in cars and then by foot. I am not sure why he stopped b/c he may have been safe if he had kept going, but they were behind him. They got out with bats and tire irons and crowbars and such. They were beating him with them. I heard all the comotion so I was curious and looked out my window. Couldn't believe what I was seeing so I called the cops! I also yelled out to leave him alone and let the police deal with him if he did something.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:06 PM

This has got to stop and we have to start with ourselves.Drill into our kids head that skin color is not a character trait.Expose our kids to everyone possible as long as they are safe.Gays have the same thing happen and every thinks it is funny.It is NOT funny.

oporb
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:23 PM

wtf -- where do you live??

I'm in Texas - so there are lots of Mexicans, people are racist, but NOT like that - I've NEVER heard of a hate crime against a mexican out here

oporb
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:32 PM

My dd is almost 6 -- we laugh about how silly it is to judge people on color.... she kind of asks and I say that certain people are not very smart so they think they are better than other people..... its kind of cool - her bio-dad is part mexican, his mom is from Mexico -- and his girlfriend is 1/2 black -- and I'm white..... so they have 1/2/'step' siblings that are are a lot darker than they are... I think its great they they are being raised in a muti-colored family so they can be close to people of all colors.... I NEVER say black, white etc.... I say people with darker skin..... really pointing out it is just a color -- like dogs or cats, people come in all colors, shapes and sizes! So far its working, I dread the days when the children at school start pointing that stuff out to them...

Quoting laranadtony:

This has got to stop and we have to start with ourselves.Drill into our kids head that skin color is not a character trait.Expose our kids to everyone possible as long as they are safe.Gays have the same thing happen and every thinks it is funny.It is NOT funny.

harvgal04
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Im from Pennsylvania. Central to be exact.  There are a lot of racist people here, esp towards mexicans. Its disgusting. Heck when I first moved in to the place im in now, I was behind my house, and i saw a sign taped up  saying about "n***** get a damn job and a car" I couldnt believe it. I would never want my kids exposed to that, so i took the sign down. i dont care if it was on private property or not, my kids werent seeing it.

Quoting oporb:

wtf -- where do you live??

I'm in Texas - so there are lots of Mexicans, people are racist, but NOT like that - I've NEVER heard of a hate crime against a mexican out here

Idiosyncratic
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:39 PM

we never learn from history...

RmeWifey01
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:45 PM

You're right. It's b/c nobody gives a damn. It's a sad thing. My family is mixed (extended), so I make sure my kiddos know that skin color has nothing to do with good or bad people. My dh's side is NOT mixed however, and ARE racists. Thankfully my kids are only exposed to that side about once a year.

Quoting Idiosyncratic:

we never learn from history...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)