Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:56 PM
  • 10 Replies

DH and I are going to have a yard sale soon and want to sell our bed. its almost brand new, only 3 months old. I got it while DH was on deployment when I moved into our house. I told him I wanted a king size but he said we already have the frame and head board for a queen and no matter how much I talked with him about it he refused to let me get a king so I got the queen. Well we went on vacation and slept on a king bed and he loved it. so now he wants a king, Also he said I picked out a bed thats too soft. So how much would you pay for a 3 month old queen size bed with frame and head board that has always had a matress protector on it and will be steamed clean (by stainly steamer)  before we sell it? We paid $650 for the bed.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimora_neko
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:59 PM

BUMP!

nemiller
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:01 PM

you could see what people are selling their almost-new used mattresses for in your area.  i've never bought or sold a used mattress, so i don't know much about the pricing.

armywifey26
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:01 PM

If you start it a little high you can always negotiate to a lower price. So I would start around 450 or 475. Because it is still used and ppl at yard sales are expecting bargains.

PookaboosMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:03 PM

When we moved across country we had just bought a new bed...so I sold it on CL...I paid 3000...king bed, wooden headboard footboard, framed...and a  300$ comforter set for 1100$ all together...I would have asked more but DD spilled a drink and stained the mattress...but that's what I did..

If it's still really clean and everything I would ask 65% of what you payed but be willing to go as low as 35%

Kimora_neko
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:03 PM

thanks. we were just going to trade my dad but he doesn't like our bed. (its just him and the dog so no reason to have a big king size bed, right? lol)

Quoting nemiller:

you could see what people are selling their almost-new used mattresses for in your area.  i've never bought or sold a used mattress, so i don't know much about the pricing.

Kimora_neko
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:04 PM

we would love to get $400 out of it.

Quoting armywifey26:

If you start it a little high you can always negotiate to a lower price. So I would start around 450 or 475. Because it is still used and ppl at yard sales are expecting bargains.

Kimora_neko
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:05 PM

no stains. I put a stain sheet on it the day i got it.

Quoting PookaboosMom:

When we moved across country we had just bought a new bed...so I sold it on CL...I paid 3000...king bed, wooden headboard footboard, framed...and a  300$ comforter set for 1100$ all together...I would have asked more but DD spilled a drink and stained the mattress...but that's what I did..

If it's still really clean and everything I would ask 65% of what you payed but be willing to go as low as 35%

armywifey26
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Then that is perfect. That is why you always wanna price it for about 50 OVER what your bottom line is. That way there is negotiating room

Quoting Kimora_neko:

Quoting armywifey26:

Kimora_neko
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:11 PM

oh yes, always ask for more then you want because you know someone is going to want it but talk you down. my dad did that a lot, he would find something and talk the person down to what he could.

Quoting armywifey26:

Then that is perfect. That is why you always wanna price it for about 50 OVER what your bottom line is. That way there is negotiating room

Quoting Kimora_neko:

Quoting armywifey26:

Kimora_neko
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:20 PM

anyone else?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)