• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really freaking aggrivated

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

So my daughter goes with her father every weekend, in liu of him paying child support (cuz the lasy a**ed buzzard refuses to get a job).

Well this weekend happens to be my birthday and it was pre-arranged that she would be with me. Now there is a chance I might get to go with my dad and his family (aunts, uncles, cousins) up north for the holiday weekend, and naturally everyone wants my dd to come. My grampa and his family up north have only seen liz a handful of times. Liz had a blast when we flew up for my cousins funeral last august,a dn that was the first time she had ever met a large chunk of her extended family .

So instead of picking her up sunday morning, i would need to have her by 5 pm saturday to drive up to the cabin. But now, his girlfriend is telling me i cant have my daughter, regardless if its my birthday. This is the same woman who told me I couldnt have my daughter for mothers day this year. And this is the same woman that said i couldnt have my daughter for xmas. And thanksgiving. For whatever reason, she thinks my dd is better off at her house for all the major holidays since her halfsister is there. Like im not family or some bull like that.

Not to mention, when the GF's birthday landed on a thursday, i let them have her for a few hours. And when his bday was during the week, I let him have her. And how about the fact that this was my first mothers day wtihout having to work, and i barely even got to see my own dang child?

Am i being unreasonalbe to beat the crap outta him so that I can have MY kid on my bday? for crying out loud, he didnt want anything to do with her till she was like 3 months old in the first place!

Sorry to rant but im very angry. Especially since they KNEW it was my bday this weekend, and that we already had pre-arranged her to be with me! so of course now the GF would say there are freaking plans when its time to do it! GRRRRRRRRR

<--- taken last year, my number 1 fav pic :)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
theycallmemom4
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Do you have a legal custody arrangement? How about throwing that since he's not paying child support,  you'll be taking your DD this weekend? Play hard ball, that's crap!

nemiller
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:18 PM

i wouldn't even speak to the girlfriend about visitation issues anymore.  it's none of her business, and she has no room to say ANYTHING about it.  if it was pre-arranged WITH YOUR EX that you would have your daughter, that's the end of the discussion.  she goes with you to celebrate your birthday and see family.

sailorswife09
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:21 PM

If you dont have a visitation agreement dont let her go.

bananaapplepie
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:40 AM

i posted a journal, but thanks for the support, i live in WI which i was informed is a mom-state, meaning the mom has more pull. This also means that as long as i dont take her across state lines, i wouldnt be breaking any laws and that i have the right ot do whatever.

i jsut get so mad with him, he didnt even remember it was my freaking birthday or even anyhting about the weekend arrangments!

EvaSerenity
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Legally, you are entitled to have her on your birthday. At least thats the way it is here.

momzillaof4
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Why are you letting his gf tell you when you can and cannot have your own child??? Time to put someone in her place if you ask me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)