Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever just wanna smack em?!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:03 PM
  • 84 Replies

So Rach comes home tonight and I'm all excited I'm like, "So, I talked to this lady on Cafemom today and she said that she lives in Santa Rosa and only pays $700 for her two bedroom apartment!" and I'm just going on and on about how awesome it is, how it's safe, and affordable, and the girls would have a playmate, blah blah blah.

You know what she says?

"No way we are NOT paying that much for an apartment."

Are you KIDDING ME? This is in CALIFORNIA, not MISSOURI (Misery). We pay $500 here for a SMALL two bedroom and that is CHEAP! We got LUCKY. It's usually like $600. To live in the HELL HOLE of the earth. She wants to move to CA so she can have the nice weather to paint outside but doesn't want to pay $700 for an apartment?

FML.

Ask me how I can help turn your daughter into a PRINCESS!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:06 PM

omfg i sooo understand!! we live in north dakota so we're pretty spoiled when it comes to rent, but i've been looking for houses to rent or contract for deed and there's a problem with every one of them i swear! "too far away" "dont wanna get a new job" "i'm not paying that much" "i dont like that town" or my favorite....." ..eh.."  lol

i.heart.rachel
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Quoting Mamie_85:

omfg i sooo understand!! we live in north dakota so we're pretty spoiled when it comes to rent, but i've been looking for houses to rent or contract for deed and there's a problem with every one of them i swear! "too far away" "dont wanna get a new job" "i'm not paying that much" "i dont like that town" or my favorite....." ..eh.."  lol

I know, seriously? I was like fine.. forget it.. just keep bitching about how it "rains too much" or "is too windy" or "is too cold" to paint.. and then you won't have any money coming in from the paintings and will be bitching about that. lol UGH.

nemiller
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:11 PM

yes, i really really do.  right now, my husband can't make up his mind whether he wants to submit a recruiting package and reenlist or get out.  he doesn't understand that this is giving me a constant stomach ache.  3 years might SEEM like a long time, but it's really not, especially when you're transitioning from military to civilian sector.  but i'll know for sure by september at the latest and i've been saving like he's planning to get out just in case, so we'll have a few months' worth of pay racked up in savings for expenses between getting out and starting a new job.  but seriously?  i'm going to falcon punch him if i get ulcers, lol.

mamaoftwins9197
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Damn, I might have to move to Cali (j/k)...a 2-bedroom apartment around here is about $1600.

CafeMom Tickers
jltplk25
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Hahahahaha!! Spoken like a true Missourian! ;) I grew up in souther MO, in the Ozark Mountains. I've even lived in California but Im sure Santa Rosa is in the "prettier" part of Ca...not the crap shoot of a desert like Fort Irwin. Eck. 700$ seems pretty reasonable to me...I think our house on post was about 1100 a month.

sillytime
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Same here in FL!

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

Damn, I might have to move to Cali (j/k)...a 2-bedroom apartment around here is about $1600.

i.heart.rachel

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

UGH a decent non-crackhead apartment in Cali is like $1200-$1500. I found some houses for about $900 a month (2 bedroom) but just found out they're in a BAD (gang-infested) area. She has not been listening when I've been talking out loud (mostly to myself lol) about prices.. or she would not have been so shocked at a $700 apartment. That is a STEAL, btw..

roseberrymatrix

I pay $443 for a 2 bdrm 1bath townhouse with a full basement and semi private patio

i.heart.rachel
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Quoting jltplk25:

Hahahahaha!! Spoken like a true Missourian! ;) I grew up in souther MO, in the Ozark Mountains. I've even lived in California but Im sure Santa Rosa is in the "prettier" part of Ca...not the crap shoot of a desert like Fort Irwin. Eck. 700$ seems pretty reasonable to me...I think our house on post was about 1100 a month.

She has lived in MO all her life and bitches about it all the time. Wants to "see the ocean", wants to "MOVE", but I guess she thinks a magical fairy is gonna come pick us up and pay for our housing or some shit lmao.

i.heart.rachel
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Quoting roseberrymatrix:

I pay $443 for a 2 bdrm 1bath townhouse with a full basement and semi private patio

Sounds pretty good. :) However, it snows where you are.. doesn't it? lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)