Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

yard sales!!!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:13 PM
  • 15 Replies

me and my mom are having a joint yard sale saturday and im having a tough time knowing what to price my items...ive got like 4 garbage bags full of clothes mostly 0-3 mths-4t...should i price them all 0.50 each piece or 1.00 each piece? some are really nice none stained or anything but would you pay 1.00 each piece at a yard sale?

bsm_iammommy.gifbsm_motherhood.gifoccblink20.gifblinkie26.gifbsm_momtoboys.gifhubbyblinkie.gif

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eeyorerdl
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:17 PM

I did all my dd's baby clothes 50c a piece and made a KILLIN'!  The lower the price, the more you sell...Make sure you separate them...I did 0-3 mth, 3-6 mth, 6-9 mth, etc.  My first sale w/ baby clothes didn't do so well cuz I just had them laid out and in the box.  The next one I separated and they sold like hotcakes. 

Kimora_neko
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:18 PM
.50c a piece
MomTo2Boys2526
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Well since you have a lot, maybe you can price them 50 cents per item or like $5.00 for a bag of clothes

Mommy2twoboyz22
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:19 PM

i have like spring and summer 0-3 and 3-6 and fall 6-9 and i have a bunch of 18mth and 2t winter clothes and a bunch of mine and my husbands clothes as well.i was going to put each size in a box but you say lay them all out seperate? the only problem is i dontkknow if i will have enough room to lay them all out

Quoting eeyorerdl:

I did all my dd's baby clothes 50c a piece and made a KILLIN'!  The lower the price, the more you sell...Make sure you separate them...I did 0-3 mth, 3-6 mth, 6-9 mth, etc.  My first sale w/ baby clothes didn't do so well cuz I just had them laid out and in the box.  The next one I separated and they sold like hotcakes. 

bsm_iammommy.gifbsm_motherhood.gifoccblink20.gifblinkie26.gifbsm_momtoboys.gifhubbyblinkie.gif

lbdm2002
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:20 PM

if it's an outfit..like 2-3 pieces..mark them at $2.00...everything else, assuming it's in pretty good condition..do at 50 cents each..you shoudln't have any problems selling everything

.NoReGretS.

Nope. I pay $0.25-0.50 for indivdual things like shirts, onesies, shorts etc. Jeans, $2 tops. I would not pay $1 a piece. Doesn't matter how nice, unstained, cute or name brand they are. It's a yard sale. Outfits that have matching tops/bottoms I can see asking $1-$2 for but no way for things like shirts and onesies as I said.

MomTo2Boys2526

**Edit..when I say "bag" make it a walmart bag for $5.00

lbdm2002
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:21 PM

when i sold my son's clothes, I put a blanket down on the ground with the clothes piled up and the ladies would sit down on the blanket and dig through things.  lol

Quoting Mommy2twoboyz22:

i have like spring and summer 0-3 and 3-6 and fall 6-9 and i have a bunch of 18mth and 2t winter clothes and a bunch of mine and my husbands clothes as well.i was going to put each size in a box but you say lay them all out seperate? the only problem is i dontkknow if i will have enough room to lay them all out

Quoting eeyorerdl:

To request a Catalog or receive information on becoming a consultant yourself, check out my website by clicking the Cookie Lee Jewelry logo above!  Beautiful Jewelry at great prices!  Ask me about our monthly sales!!

JenieceMojica

i think thats a good idea good luck on the sale mama!

Quoting MomTo2Boys2526:

Well since you have a lot, maybe you can price them 50 cents per item or like $5.00 for a bag of clothes

Photobucket

ttyogagirl

some should be priced separately the rest make a pile and set a price of 5.00 fill a bag or something like that depending on how many cloths you have. there or some really good sites on how to run a productive yard sale. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)