• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you Truly Love yourself?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:14 PM
  • 7 Replies

Tell me are you happy with yourself do you truly love yourself if so How did you get to this point? & Also if you could post a Pic of yourself that would be great!

im having a very hard time right now trying to find who I am while being so unhappy with who I am & parts about me that I can never change...

thankx Ladies

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
iluv2meow
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:15 PM

I wouldnt say im in LOVE with myself but I am content with myself my life, my marriage, my children, my current living situation, and who I am. Of course there are always things about myself I want to change that is long life process though.

jillbailey26
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:18 PM

I'm very happy with who I am.  It took lonely days and nights and realizing I'm strong enough to stand on my own two feet.  It took knowing that I don't need anyone in my life, but I still want them there.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

jenn31
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:19 PM

yes, and it did take a wile to get to this place. I just had to know I was worth it. I finished school, took me forever; but now I have a bad ass job; a beautiful 6 yr old, and a positive  future ahead of me.

And you say your having a hard time finding who you are. Well who do you want to be? What makes you happy? Find it and run with it.

God Help Us.

kk_bella
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:19 PM

I already posted a few pics in other posts today, lol.

I think I am attractive. I think I am a good person. I am working on loving and accepting myself fully.

FL2AK
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:20 PM

I am very happy with myself  physically, mentally and emotionally.  All I can do is take care of myself and be the best person, mom, wife, ect. that I can be.  I can say that I do love myself.  However, I have never had a self esteem issue.  Not once in my life have I ever doubted myself or felt ugly in any way.  I know I am very blessed to have not experienced the self doubt and insecurity that women do.    

SouthernYankeeD
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:22 PM
Nope. I dislike myself. Hubby thinks I am gorgeous and has a hard time with me not liking myself. I can't explain to him that I am my own worst critic (if that make sense) I am on mobile and can't post a pic :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Idiosyncratic
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:27 PM

It took losing everything I thought was important and realizing I was still fine by myself...

First off you need to be happy sitting alone in a quiet room with nothing but yourself to think about and your own mind to keep you company.

I also think too many people think that their thoughts are who they are...just because you think something unhappy or self defeating doesn't mean your an unhappy person or are going to self defeat...those thoughts are there so when you overcome them you know how much strength it took to overcome them and so you feel stronger within yourself...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)