Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone ever done this before?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:28 PM
  • 17 Replies

my aunt is going on vacation and she is going to have my mom just come over and check on the dogs 2 times a day. I told my mom that was sort of silly why not just bring them to the house and she said that her dogs wouldn't get along with my aunts dogs..which i guess is true--they never get along with mine or my brothers.

but has anyone else ever done thatt? have someone just come to your house and check on your pets?  is two times a day enough? My mom says she will go over at 8 to let them out and feed and water them, then go back around 6 or so to do the same..

doesn't seem like it would be enough to me?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:29 PM

depends on the dogs. if they are used to holding it, then it should be ok

BonitaM
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:31 PM

I haven't had anyone have to come over to watch my pets but I've had to do it for others.  Usually they have everything set up so that it's easy for me to just do what they asked.  I think two times if enough.  I'm actually kind of farm sitting right now...lol

mrs.sgt
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:32 PM

yep, my mom has pet sitters who do that.  her sitter comes more than twice a day though (usually 3-4 times), that's a long time to hold their bladders, I know I'd be hating life.

angellove29115
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:33 PM

yes,  its kind of like when you house sit for someone.  Alot of people do that. 

tam84
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:34 PM

wow. No but I guess it depends what theyre used to.

amomynous_j

yes, that's quite common.

alexhuntercody

Quoting teri4lance:

depends on the dogs. if they are used to holding it, then it should be ok

my aunt works long hours normally so they are use to holding it 8+ hours anyway..and they are use to being alone i dont' know..seems like my mom should do it at 8 3 and then maybe 7..

possummom

i did that with my sisters dogs. it went fine.

RmeWifey01
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:36 PM

I guess with some it's possible, but with mine, he is out most of the day. Very rarely does he stay in his crate for 8 or 9 solid hours during the day. He does at night though. He goes in his crate about 7 or 8pm and comes back out at 7 or 8 in the morning, and just hangs outside all day. He will come in here and there to eat or drink but maybe like 5 min. tops.

ttyogagirl
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:36 PM

sure, just depends on the dogs if they are house dogs and only go out a could of times a day they should be fine. that's what we do for are dogs some times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)