• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this a good idea? about car seats

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:34 PM
  • 18 Replies

i need to get my 3 year old a new seat that will harness a long time...i also have an 11 month old in a cosco scenera i plan to rear face him as long as possible.I was thinking of getting the myride65 because it rear faces to 40lbs and forward faces to 65 that way my 3 year old can be in it to at least 6 or so then by the time he grows out of it my 11 month old might can still rear face in it then foward face to 65 as well.should i get that or the apex65 or evenflo maestro? dont have the money to buy nautilus myride 65 is on sale for 115

bsm_iammommy.gifbsm_motherhood.gifoccblink20.gifblinkie26.gifbsm_momtoboys.gifhubbyblinkie.gif

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2twoboyz22
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:36 PM

BUMP!

Mommy2twoboyz22
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:41 PM

BUMP!

momofboys631
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:42 PM

I have the myride and I absolutely LOVE it!! I will tell you though it is a HUGE carseat...it pretty much takes up thewhole backseat lol.

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on May. 26, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me but keep in mind some kids grow out of the scenera rear facing at age 2.

AngelicaRenee
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:43 PM

i'd buy the myride if it was on sale for that price! I want to get one for my next child!

JlynnDoyle
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:43 PM

It is on the larger side but I LOVE our too!!

Quoting momofboys631:

I have the myride and I absolutely LOVE it!! I will tell you though it is a HUGE carseat...it pretty much takes up thewhole backseat lol.

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on May. 26, 2010 at 11:44 PM

BTW, I LOVE the myride.

1stimemomof1
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:46 PM

I'd get the myride if you can't afford the nautilus. But if you factor in the fact that you will have to buy him a booster down the road the nautilus is the best deal for your buck! Hopefully by next month I'll have 2 Nautilus carseats for my kids.

mom22angels38
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:48 PM
I bought the Britax Marathon for my daughter when she was 3. She's 6 now and still has room to grow before she's out of it. I have to admit that I get strange looks from other parents when buckling her into a 5-point harness at her age, but her safety is well worth it to me. All in all it was a great investment and would be an even better one for you since you'll be using it for two kids. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2twoboyz22
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:59 PM

ive already got a booster that goes up to 100lbs im putting back for him...i already have him in it but he isent big enough for it so thats why im buying a 5 pt and putting the booster back till he gets bigger

Quoting 1stimemomof1:

I'd get the myride if you can't afford the nautilus. But if you factor in the fact that you will have to buy him a booster down the road the nautilus is the best deal for your buck! Hopefully by next month I'll have 2 Nautilus carseats for my kids.

bsm_iammommy.gifbsm_motherhood.gifoccblink20.gifblinkie26.gifbsm_momtoboys.gifhubbyblinkie.gif

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)