Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena question once again

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:36 PM
  • 5 Replies

Well Kinda. Ok so I got Mirena 6 weeks postpartum and lightly spotted for only two days after then again 3 weeks after for only one day. each time I didnt even have to wear a pantie liner.

On well Jax is 3.5 months and I have yet gotten a period.

I stopped breast feeding when he was 8 weeks

Is this normal Im 99 percent sure Im not pregnant but is this normal should I be worried?

Ive been cramping (what i thought was pms) for 2-3 weeks now and nothin

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jbbrom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:42 PM

I just got it yesterday so i'm no help!! I only spotted so far when it was put in.  they said that no periods can be normal, but i'd take a test just to be 100% sure....

MomTo2Boys2526
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Everyone is different, I know some people who have the Mirena and have had NO period what so ever, BUT for me I had a normal period for almost 6 months after having it placed and then it stopped.

missdani08
by on May. 27, 2010 at 1:44 AM

its so weird! idk if i should call or wat. is it nesscary to get it checked a few weeks after placed in

Kadensmommy321
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:28 AM
My dr told me i didn't need to go until my regular yearly appt unless i had questions or problems. i had mine put in 9 weeks pp, and dd is almost 8 months. i spotted for 6 weeks and haven't had anything else but i'm still bf.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyz826
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:53 AM

I had my Mirena put in when i went for my 8 week check up. I spotted for a few days then nothing. But, I had regular periods the entire 2 years i had it. The only thing it somewhat helped with was the cramps before my period, other then that it was still a heavy 7 day period like its always been for me.  I had mine removed in April, and dont have anymore cramping pains (in between periods). My friend has had hers for almost 2 years, and has not gotten a single period since they put it in. All women a diffrent, if your worried id just call your doc and ask.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)