• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C-Section Mommas :)

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:39 PM
  • 15 Replies
Just 2 quick questions. How long did it take for your incision to heal? And how long did you wait to have sex? Thanks!! And if you don't know, would you mind bumping for me? Thanks!
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nazratred
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:41 PM

The first one it took about 2 months for it to heal all the way..I had sex in week 3..couldn't help myself..LOL. This one the scar is already almost healed and it has only been a little over 2 weeks. I have not had sex yet.

mom22angels38
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:42 PM
I had a c-section in 2004. Sadly, I can't remember it well enough to answer your questions. At any rate, here's a "bump" for you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkbrooklyn
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:43 PM

I had 2..

1. Took about a month and a half to heal.

2. Took about 3wks.

Both times I had sex well before my 6wk checkup.  LOL 

Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:43 PM

It took mine a month to completely heal up and I still haven't had sex lol

PookaboosMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:44 PM

I don't remember, so bump! lol

babie113
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:45 PM
My incision healed after 8 weeks and I had sex after 6 like I was told by my obgyn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmisfit
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:46 PM

I waited 3 weeks for sex but I was always on the bottom until my surgical glue came off which was more around 6-7 weeks later. I LOVE the surgical glue...if I ever have another c-section I'm going to be asking for it. I've heard such horrible things about staples.

ABX
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:48 PM

icision healed in about 2 1/2 months and waite like 7weeks (not by choice) was still bleeding some

sassysarah3044
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:50 PM

I had mind in 08 and I still hurt from it.... it took my wound to close up about four months later. I was in and out of the hospital !!!! Good luck.... keep it clean !!! and a Q for you are you a bigger person before the baby ? if you are more likely not to heal as fast..... well thats what my doc told me .....

lbdm2002
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:51 PM

My incision healed in a few weeks..but..i didn't have staples like a lot of C/S's do to close the incision.  My dr did the disolvable stitches underneath then basically folded the skin and 'superglued' it closed over the stitches.  I waited 6 weeks or so before having sex. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)