Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my baby was born after having my tubes tied! EDIT

Posted by on May. 28, 2010 at 1:18 PM
  • 40 Replies

Hi ladies!  I just thought I'd share, for anyone interested, that I had my baby!  For those of you who don't know the entire story, I had my tubes cut, tied, and burned after my 4th baby was born, Sept 2008.  I nursed her until she was a year old and about 2 weeks later, I found out I was pregnant.  We did not find out the gender of this baby until birth....and it was GIRL #4!  My son is seriously outnumbered now!!

Catherine Avery was born 5/14/2010 via "urgent" c-section weighing 6 pounds 14 ounces and measuring 19.25 inches long.  She was 4 weeks early and spent 5 days in NICU.  She was ready to go home before I was--I was stuck in the hospital for 6 days b/c I developed an infection in my incision. 

She was born 4 weeks early b/c my heart valve, which was replaced in Aug 2006, was giving out. 

She has some problems with her heart--thickening of the leaflets in the pulmonary valve.  Basically, the valve is enlarged and there is concern that she will have pulmonary stenosis, like I do.  

We're also concerned that something else isn't working right--she had a seizure for no apparent reason yesterday afternoon.  (Going for EKG and some tests later) 

Other than that, she's healthy and beautiful and nursing splendidly!  Here are a couple pictures!  The last one is one of my favorites of my two "babies"!!

EDIT:  I thought I should add that I had my tubes re-tied.  My doctor could see where the left tube had grown back.  My husband is going to get a vasectomy.  He was originally scheduled for one May 14th--but they ended up scheduling my c-section that day, so we cancled his appointment!  :)

My 4 y/o dd (yes she had a black eye courtesy of her brother!) meeting Catherine when she was 2 days old. 

Less than an hour old, on oxygen.  (She had "wet lung" and couldn't breathe properly for a few days)

by on May. 28, 2010 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OneandonlyME
by on May. 28, 2010 at 1:20 PM

wow! Congrats!!

KristenFowles
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Well she is certainly a "SURPRISE!" baby :)  

Good luck mama!

Nature_Luvr
by on May. 28, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Congratulations!

ame4c
by on May. 28, 2010 at 1:26 PM

I would have to say God really wanted you to have this blessing in your life....LOL

CONGRATES

storkNow I'm wondering... because my tubes are tied....LOL  I already have 5... I don't want anymore....

ame4c

Please check out my group:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Moms_from_Dysfunctional_Families

ajzuell
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Wow congrats !   So did the doctor check your tubes out and maybe saw that one attached back together or something?

PoisonousBlonde
by on May. 28, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Aw congratulations on your miracle baby!!! I had mine cut and tied in '07.

mommy.of.3.boys
by Cindy on May. 28, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Yea, i'd like to know this too. I had mine cut, burned, and all that jazz in feb '08. I have 3 and I am DONE. I'd like to know the chances God would play a practical joke on me.

Quoting ajzuell:

Wow congrats !   So did the doctor check your tubes out and maybe saw that one attached back together or something?

Procrastination is like masturbation. It's all good until you realize you just fucked yourself.
purplemoosemom
by on May. 28, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Actually, yes, she could see that my left tube had grown back.  (theres a term for it, but I don't recall it.)  She re-tied my tubes and hopefully, it works this time! 

Quoting ajzuell:

3greatkids751
by on May. 28, 2010 at 1:31 PM
wow. congrats mama!!! shes a blessing from god thats for sure! =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alaiynasmommy
by on May. 28, 2010 at 1:31 PM
Cograts! She's precious. I have my tubes tied so after reading your post I'm kinda scared. It was certainly meant to be and thats how I would think if it happen to me. That's a true blessing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN