Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Almond milk for your baby?

Posted by on May. 31, 2010 at 11:12 AM
  • 38 Replies

Has anyone ever given their baby almond milk?  I should clarify baby.  I'm speaking of a 12 month old.  My baby (12 m) refuses whole milk and when she does drink it it causes her to be constipated.  Someone I know mentioned trying almond milk.  Has anyone tried this?  I wonder if I should buy her soy milk?  She goes in on Fri for her 1 year check up. 

by on May. 31, 2010 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xXxLillithxXx
by on May. 31, 2010 at 11:13 AM

My son is 2 and he loves almond milk. I don't see why a 12 month old couldn't have it unless she had nut allergies.

awgarcia
by on May. 31, 2010 at 11:13 AM

I don't know about it for that age group but my dd (6 y/o) has problems with cow's milk as well so she drinks rice milk.  She loves it. 

eta: we used to give her soy but I read up on soy milk and little girls.  I've read that it can speed up their development (puberty) but ask your pedi about it. 

MeandB
by on May. 31, 2010 at 11:15 AM
My son got sick off milk, he is one year old also, he loves his almond milk! He is weaning from nursing, and its sweeter, so he likes it. Just make sure to watch for nut allergies! He like vanilla soy too, but I mainly do almond milk for him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on May. 31, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I would maybe try rice milk first. If she does not like that, try the Almond milk ( as the PP said,  make sure there are no nut allergies) and if all else fails, try soy milk. I have heard Hemp milk ( it does not contain THC, so don't think it can in any way, shape or form get you high, because it cannot! lol) is pretty good. Good luck!

Aamy
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Lots of Soy milk isnt good. I would try reg white Almond milk. Its good, we Drink it from time to time. 

IAmPregnant Ticker

MovalMomsADMIN
by on May. 31, 2010 at 11:17 AM

sounds good to me

naomishere
by naomi michelle on May. 31, 2010 at 11:18 AM
My daughters been on almond milk since she was 12 months old now she's almost 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kennethsmom910
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Have you tried goat milk? It is supposed to be easier on the belly than cow milk.

Support Graphic

chica1965
by on May. 31, 2010 at 11:18 AM

I would think it should be fine  I would only do soy in moderation. We are vegan so we do use  Almond and Soy  and rice milks .   Did you BF ?  I would discuss this with your pediatrition  about your childs diet

AmiJanell
by on May. 31, 2010 at 11:19 AM

I haven't tried it... but I wanted to say that if your daughter gets constipated on whole milk soy milk will probably be just as bad if not worse... I would avoid soy.

With my son, he also got constipated on whole milk... we switched to 2% and decreased the milk intake he was allowed in a day and it helped a lot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)