Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Found a cockroach in my kitchen drawer!

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 3:47 AM
  • 40 Replies

Been seeing tiny poops in my built in chopper lately. Finally decided to put a sticky trap on some of the drawers to catch the culprit. Tonight, I was so shocked to see  a huge cockroach trapped on on of the sticky pads. Unfortunately it got away since only two of it's legs were stuck! I am putting all our food in a plastic container and tomorrow, I'll be buying more plastic containers for our plates until these roaches our gone! Will be buying tones of raid spray tomorrow as well! NOw I have two things to worr about this summer-black widow spiders and now roaches! I hope the racoons won't be visiting this summer as well!

by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 3:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsix
by faith on Jun. 1, 2010 at 3:48 AM

Where do you live? Down south? How big was it?

alexhuntercody
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 3:50 AM
I heard that spray won't rid them..u need to call a exterminator. Btw nothing kills their eggs.. That is why they treat retreat and treat again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.stella.
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 3:51 AM

oh ew. dh's cousin gave us a tv a few yrs ago but failed to tell us they had a roach infestation at their apt. i kept seeing nasty roaches around and one day made dh check the tv. it was full of roaches omg i threw out everything that was close to the tv (tv included) and raided the house omg it was terrible. I haven't seen one since though, thank goodness!!

tashibaby
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2010 at 3:51 AM

When i was young my mom (with my sister and i in the room) found a HUGE rat in our cabinet in military housing! All three of us jump on the table!!!!

tatar

as big as my thumb. It's this one:

View Image
View Image
american cockroach jpg
Quoting cjsix:

tatar

I'm down south

Quoting cjsix:

tatar
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 3:53 AM

this is what worries me...the eggs...It breaks my heart to be spraying chemicals around the house since ds has bad allergies.... I'm not sure about the exterminator...it might leave a large amount of chemical residue in the house that might make ds sick :(

Quoting alexhuntercody:

I heard that spray won't rid them..u need to call a exterminator. Btw nothing kills their eggs.. That is why they treat retreat and treat again

tashibaby
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2010 at 3:53 AM

Thats somthing i"m used to when you have lived in Hawaii

Quoting tatar:

as big as my thumb. It's this one:

View Image
View Image
american cockroach jpg
Quoting cjsix:

tatar
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 3:54 AM

I buy stuffs at the thrift store and it might have brought the problem :(

Quoting .stella.:

oh ew. dh's cousin gave us a tv a few yrs ago but failed to tell us they had a roach infestation at their apt. i kept seeing nasty roaches around and one day made dh check the tv. it was full of roaches omg i threw out everything that was close to the tv (tv included) and raided the house omg it was terrible. I haven't seen one since though, thank goodness!!

alexhuntercody
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 3:55 AM
No. I use terminix and it's perfectly safe.. If u have roaches they use a gun Type thing they don't spray anything.

Quoting tatar:

this is what worries me...the eggs...It breaks my heart to be spraying chemicals around the house since ds has bad allergies.... I'm not sure about the exterminator...it might leave a large amount of chemical residue in the house that might make ds sick :(

Quoting alexhuntercody:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)