Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

screaming during labor

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 7:39 PM
  • 144 Replies

i dont really understand why some women scream and yell at their husband or boyfriends when they are in labor? with my kids i never yelled at my dh or anyone it hurt ya but i knew if i didnt stay clam it would be worse.when i had my son i think i yelled a little when his head came out but that was it and it was for like a second.everyone i know how have had babies all say they were screaming and cussing at their husbands throwing stuff and i just sat there.have any of you mamas done that or know some one who has?

ETA- im not talking about pushing im talking about just labor

How many times have you been in labor? twice

How LONG were your labors? 45hrs with my 1st and 15hrs with my second

What did you do for pain management? Did you have an epidural? i had  one with my son 1 hr before i had him and it didnt work

You realize all labors are different, right? That is why you don't understand why some women scream and yell.....yes i know they are all different but i understand when people are getting tired  and im not judging  or anything i just gives me a better idea at why some women cuss and throw things at people

by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephynsos
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 7:40 PM

I didnt have the energy to yell at anyone... I just wanted to get my son out!!

mommymanda2
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Im not sure either but i didnt with either one of my boys.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2010 at 7:40 PM

i screamed the whole time i pushed, but not AT anyone. goody for you that you didnt. i was irrational by that point.

nf1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2010 at 7:41 PM

not me!I like silents!!!!

mommymelissa76
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Only with # 3...he just had a huge head, and I had no drugs!..lol

Beautiful__mama
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 7:41 PM

im not talking about the pushing part im talking about just labor

Quoting faerie75:

i screamed the whole time i pushed, but not AT anyone. goody for you that you didnt. i was irrational by that point.

ready_for2
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM

i did not scream or yell, but at one point i did get pissed and raised my voice to tell everyone if they couldnt be quiet, that they had to get out! and everyone went to the waiting room. i was so tired and had been in labor on pitocin for about 10 hours with no sleep or food, i wanted to rest before i had to push my baby out, but then right in the second where u are half awake half asleep and about to fall asleep, i would wake up bc i heard someone talking. it was so annoying

Brianav
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM
I didn't feel a damn thing so I didn't have to scream.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haydensmama08
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I was screaming and crying during the pushing but I also tore my cervics so it hurt more than a little. I was in horrible pain and had no pain medicine because my epidural wore off and they couldnt get a hold of the doctor to come give me some more.

ksmama88
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM

i was a little snappy during labor, but during the delivery i was completely silent!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN