Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teens getting a brand new car?!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:10 AM
  • 265 Replies

What is with teens getting a BRAND NEW car after they get there license? What do you think of this? Would you get your teen a brand new car for their first car?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MovalMomsADMIN
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:11 AM

depends if they deserve it or not

bubbles041
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:11 AM

No, I just got a brand new car last year and I am 24!!

PhotoMama88
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:12 AM

If I had the $$ & they derserved it yes :) 

StellarJKD

It's ridiculous!!!! My daughter will get a decently running car around $1000 - that's all she needs to get around, plus I think getting a car that needs some help will help her learn how to take care of it herself - things like jumping the battery, changing a flat tire.

jmommyj02

Why not? If the family can afford it who cares.

i.heart.rachel
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:13 AM

No way, they will work for it if they want a new car. I will buy them a decent used car when they turn 16 if they are responsible enough, though.

i.heart.rachel
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Quoting StellarJKD:

It's ridiculous!!!! My daughter will get a decently running car around $1000 - that's all she needs to get around, plus I think getting a car that needs some help will help her learn how to take care of it herself - things like jumping the battery, changing a flat tire.

Where do you live that you can get a decently running car around $1000? lol I bought a hoopty for $2000 last year.

Ask me how I can help turn your daughter into a PRINCESS!

skisbufly1

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

No way, they will work for it if they want a new car. I will buy them a decent used car when they turn 16 if they are responsible enough, though.

LILY581

If she deserves it yes and if the money is there she will be getting one 

memento_mori
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:16 AM

I got a brand new car...and no I didn't destroy it, lol. If parents trust their teens enough to give them one, why not? Maybe having that shiny new car will motivate them to make good choices and be responsible, who knows? I don't see the problem...

"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." -1 John 4:7-8

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)