Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth control?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:01 AM
  • 10 Replies

Do you use birth control, if so what type? I guess I'm scared of some of the side effects birth control might have that I've never used it. We just use protection (condoms). I am really content with two kids right now and really don't want to have another for a while. We might possibly be done having kids. I didn't space our two kids, but had a hard time getting pregnant again and our kids are 3 years apart (which has turned out to be a great spacing). Since my daughter was born, my periods have been more regular. Any way, I guess I'm just wondering if protection is enough to keep me from getting pregnant? There has been a couple times when we either forgot and once it broke. I guess I would adjust and be happy in the event that we end up having another one sooner than planned, but would really rather wait. What do you think about birth control options?

Lilypie - (rCkY)  Lilypie - (QfLJ)

Local information and home-based writing job.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy228
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:06 AM

I have the mirena IUD and i love it. no fuss and no worries, it lasts for 5 years but if you decide you want to have more kids you can just have them remove it and you can have kids again. No worrying about missing pills or broken condoms....its nice!

mrs.sgt
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:06 AM

I don't have a need to use bc, but I have been on a few to regulate my periods.  I was on Femcon for a month, just to jump start my cycle, and it worked well, only side effect I had was it made me break out a little, and it was mint flavored :) (it was chewable)

Then I was on Norinyl or something like that, it didn't do anything but make me insanely hormonal and cry all the time - in 6 months on it I had 2 periods so that was a waste of time and insanity :)

amyjosh8687
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:07 AM
I have a Paragard IUD. Love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:08 AM

I've had my Mirena IUD for almost 4 yrs and I've been 110% happy with it.No periods,no pain,and no side effects for me!

LadyIsobel
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:12 AM

I do not have any birth control now since I had a tubal done in 97 (I think) and had a hysterectomy last september.

Before that I actually went through the whole package of birthcontrol in order to find something that worked for me and my body.

The one that I was most content with was Mirena

http://www.mirena-us.com/

armywifenmom09
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:12 AM

I have Implanon... I'm swtill trying to figure out if I like it or not.... but so far so good.... it's a little implant in my arm.... no worries about my BC LOL and no more kids.... my two are 16 months apart and my youngest is 4 months..... I DO NOT want another one for a while....

Melame68
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:22 AM
IUD was horrifically painful for me...im on the pill no. no side effects
steph2884
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Condoms are about 80% effective. I have Mirena. It made me bleed like hell for three months, but I'm ok now. It's 99% effective. I don't have to worry about breaking condoms or my husband saying "oops..." which is how my daughter was created... I cannot have another baby right now. I can't handle my 2 year old son recently being diagnosed with autism and my 8 month old daughter at the same time and a new baby along with everything. There's no way.

mandaleigha
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:39 AM

I have the Mirena IUD and love it. My second child is the result of condom usage. :)

ConnersMom03
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Sounds like Mirena is a good option. Can anyone tell me about how much it might cost? We don't have health insurance right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)