Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is having a super rough time - May be lengthy.

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:07 AM
  • 1 Replies

I am not sure what I am to do now. I was on unemployment since Oct 2008 because my postion at a local resort was elimated due to the economy. I have been searching for another office job and even looked into fields that I have done in the past, still no luck. Finally in March of this year I had sent in my resume to a local law office.They called me a week later and told me to come in to work. Well the add on the state site said they had two openings. When I showed up for work it wasnt just me. There was 3 other women there. So after we filled out all our state tax and fed tax ppwk we got busy training for the positions. I was a little confused so after we left for the day I called the office manager on her cell because that was the only number I had. I asked her many questions about the job on is this a permanent full time postion that I was on unemployment and I am a single mom of a two year old and that I need a stable job. She told yes it was a permanent full time position. So I a little more relaxed when she confirmed that with me. Well on our third day of work our main boss the ceo of the law office was running for school board, so we were all stationed at different locations around the county where people would be voting. (A little odd to be doing for a law office on our third day of work). Then after that she had of building shelves and rearranging boxes in their basement as well as getting them caught up on different tasks around the office. We had finally gotten almost done with everything when I was pulled into the office managers office. She told me she received a message to let me go and that I was not the only one to be let go. I asked for a reason and she said she didnt have one to give me. So I signed out and went to my car to notice whom the other person was that was let go. I called her and talked with her. She felt the same way I did about the whole matter. So I called unemployment to let them know what happened and she sent me a survey form to fill out regarding the job. To shorten this up a bit, I faxed it in the day after I received it and then I received a letter a few weeks after telling me I was denied getting back on my unemployment extention because the law office claims they fired me due to being late on the day I was campaigning for them. How lame is that? I wrote an appeal letter and now we are waiting for a hearing so I am fighting them on this because it shows that truthfully they basically wanted some cheap labor because they hired four girls when they only posted two openings and they hired us all in at minimum wage. So now my bills are coming due. We are about to loose our electricity, car insurance, cable and internet. I had to drop out of my online classes because I dont know how much longer I will have the electricity or internet to do my schooling. I have been fighting hardcore to get back on unemployment till I can find a job. I have had several interviews but no response. I would like to know if anyone has any ideas (not judgment) on how I can make some money to help pay my bills from home while I am in search of a job. I have sold one pair of shoes on ebay but that only brought me enough money to pay my daughters life insurance payment. I have never felt this helpless before in my life and it is so much worse that I have my daughter involved in this. I know we will make it by the grace of God but still I need some ideas on anything I can do that doesnt cost money up front. I have no money. Please once again I am looking for ideas on how to make it through this rough patch and I do not want to be judged or have any sassy remarks. Everyone gets down and then gets back up but right now I am looking for that up.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
xtwistedxlovex
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:30 AM

I have no idea..but I really hope you get this figured out soon. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)