Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Old is To Old for a Pacifier?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:08 AM
  • 237 Replies

Poll

Question: What is the oldest a child can be and still have a pacifier in your opinion?

Options:

3 months

6 months

12 months

18 months

2 years

3 years

4 years

5 years

6+ years

You are never too old for a pacifier

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 347

View Results

I was watching a tv show tonight and a 4 year old had a pacifier that she took everywhere and they couldn't go places without it and she needed it to stop her fits.  It got me wondering what everybody thought was to old for a pacifier.  I don't want a drama post I was just curious so I thought I would do a poll and then you can comment if you want or just bump it.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
memento_mori
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:09 AM

BUMP!

baebear
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:10 AM

I can`t vote. I say your never too old for a paci. As long as it`s not abused I don`t see a problem with it

If you can`t dazzle them with brilliance...

then baffle them with bullshit

rebel_mommy09
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:10 AM

my 1yo walks around with his because he has issues with his teeth and when he is teething I would rater him chew on a binky than choke himself with his fingers

countrygirlkat

bump

YoRkIeMaMa2009

I said 12 months but both my boys weren't paci users. My first plit his out for good at 3 months, and my second came home from the hospital without one. lol

mrs.sgt
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:11 AM

a girl I rode the bus with in elementary school still had one (she was 1st or 2nd grade).  I always found that odd.

my mom always said none of us were paci users at all.

armywife2009101
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:12 AM

I took the paci away at 2 years old. It was over done. When I look at pics of him the paci seems sooooo out of place. I just think its strange to see like a 4 year old walking around with a paci.

HereWeGoAgain9
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:13 AM

My baby girl is 2.5 and she has a paci when she goes to bed. However, she doesn't put it in her mouth, she holds it. It's like a little source of bedtime comfort for her. I have no intention of taking it away from her any time soon. I really don't see the harm!

countrygirlkat
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:13 AM

Quoting baebear:

I can`t vote. I say your never too old for a paci. As long as it`s not abused I don`t see a problem with it

I didn't think of that one so I added it.  So you would really be cool with your teenager using one though?  Not being rude, just curious.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

countrygirlkat
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:16 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)