Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not to happy

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:23 AM
  • 29 Replies

i am freaking out just a little, i posted earlier about how i am being induced in a week and a half but the baby hasnt dropped, if she doesnt drop in the next week and a half then i will be booked for a c-section, which i really do not want. i think i will cry if i have to have a c-section and cant hold my precious little baby as soon as she comes out. how long until i can hold her if i have a c-section? and also what are my chances of the baby dropping in the next week? i am almost 37 weeks.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabear100109
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:26 AM
i had an emergency c-section and i held my daughter directly after. but sometimes it could be a couple hours.
and your baby could end dropping the day before or day of induction! babies are unpredictabble. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fulloflife175
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:28 AM

oh really? what does it depend on with how long it is until you can hold them? and even if you cant they are still with you the whole time arent they?

Quoting mamabear100109:

i had an emergency c-section and i held my daughter directly after. but sometimes it could be a couple hours.
and your baby could end dropping the day before or day of induction! babies are unpredictabble. :)

jenn75
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:32 AM

I saw my baby imediately after both csections, they wait aboutan hour(I think) after delivery to let the meds wear off. Then you will be brought the baby.

If you're only 37 weeks why are they going to induce?

When you are this close you could drop at anytime.

SoSassy1016
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:33 AM

You don't have to have a c-section! You're 37 weeks so the baby still has time to drop. If it's not an emergency they really have no business doing a c-section, IMO. It's totally unnecessary & you can tell them that you would just like to wait & see if she drops.  

Avasmom326
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:34 AM

I had a c section and I didn't get to hold her directly after. I got to see her real quick but I didn't get to hold her for probably 2 hours b/c I had to wait in recovery and then when I got to my room they brought her to me. Honestly it wasn't that bad. If you have one, they give you something and I'm not sure what it is, in the IV that makes you feel totally blissed out and not stressed in the least.

fulloflife175
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:34 AM

i have type 1 diabeties so thats the reason for induction.

so even if i cant hold my baby for an hour, is it still kept with me for that time? or taken away?

Quoting jenn75:

I saw my baby imediately after both csections, they wait aboutan hour(I think) after delivery to let the meds wear off. Then you will be brought the baby.

mamabear100109
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:35 AM
i wasn't knocked out, so i got to hole her. i was numb from about the mid-section down, i could still feel my arms and everything. they opened the little curtain, i saw them pull her out then they brought her around to me.
she was in the room the whole time during testing and such, until her father took her to the nursery, and i went to sleep for 2 hours.

Quoting fulloflife175:

oh really? what does it depend on with how long it is until you can hold them? and even if you cant they are still with you the whole time arent they?

Quoting mamabear100109:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabear100109
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:36 AM
the baby is in the nursery during this time.

Quoting fulloflife175:

so even if i cant hold my baby for an hour, is it still kept with me for that time? or taken away?

Quoting jenn75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fulloflife175
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:37 AM

oh really? so i will be in my own happy world anyway? lol. i just dont want to feel totally heartbroken if i cant even be with her for hours.

Quoting Avasmom326:

I had a c section and I didn't get to hold her directly after. I got to see her real quick but I didn't get to hold her for probably 2 hours b/c I had to wait in recovery and then when I got to my room they brought her to me. Honestly it wasn't that bad. If you have one, they give you something and I'm not sure what it is, in the IV that makes you feel totally blissed out and not stressed in the least.

mamabear100109
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:37 AM
the baby is in the nursery during this time.

Quoting fulloflife175:

Quoting jenn75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)