Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fast Food Playgrounds

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:19 AM
  • 4 Replies

Dear AWESOME parents at Chick Fil A last night,
I would just like to inform you that if your child single handedly clears out a busy playground, the problem is not everybody AROUND you.  
If your 4-5 year old child is KICKING a 2 year old child in the face, when said 2 year old's parents sternly tell your child NOT to kick their son, the correct response is NOT to start giggling, half heartedly holler, "Gabriel," while continuing to let him climb up the equipment, turning around kicking said 2 year old every step and then say that people just need to let kids be kids and stand up for themselves.  
When somebody walks over to you and says, "Will your please get your son?  He is holding my daughter and won't let her come down," the correct response is NOT to look at said woman as though she is crazy and refuse to get up.
Now that that is off my chest, please refrain from returning to the public arena prior to instilling some discipline in your monster child.
Thank you and have a great day.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
psychessun
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:18 AM

wow, what an ass of a kid and parent.

I was at a playground and some kids purposely bounced a ball off my son's face and the parents just stood there "oh, honey, that's not nice."  freaking brats.

1busymomma03
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:20 AM

I can't stand seeing kids like that. Some parents really need to learn to discipline their kids!!!

Aamy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Quoting psychessun:

I was at a playground and some kids purposely bounced a ball off my son's face and the parents just stood there "oh, honey, that's not nice."  freaking brats.

Sorry but its pretty stupid to blame the child when its apparent the PARENTS are the issue. The child doesnt KNOW any better or different because dear old mom is a lazy stupid mother. But OP i agree with you. I would of gone and gotten a manager. When i worked at McD's as a manager i have had to tell a parent to take their kid and leave because they where doing nothing but causing trouble. 

IAmPregnant Ticker

mom2ljh
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Quoting Aamy:

Quoting psychessun:

Sorry but its pretty stupid to blame the child when its apparent the PARENTS are the issue. The child doesnt KNOW any better or different because dear old mom is a lazy stupid mother. But OP i agree with you. I would of gone and gotten a manager. When i worked at McD's as a manager i have had to tell a parent to take their kid and leave because they where doing nothing but causing trouble. 

I wanted to, but DH just wanted to leave.  These really were the kind of people who thought the problem is everybody AROUND them.  Yes, I was upset with the child for kicking my son, but I was much MORE upset with the parents for having failed their child and for allowing that kind of unacceptable behavior to continue.  Kids are only as well behaved as they are taught to be, and he was clearly allowed to be a monster.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)