Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 dogs are easier than 1?? ** added pics**

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:41 AM
  • 12 Replies

I read that somewhere when we were getting our puppy, she is 6 months and the breeder we got her from has another puppy that I want sooooooo bad, LOL.  We had two dogs when I was growing up, but the first was really old when we got the second and they weren't the same breed.  My dog and this dog would actually be half sisters (same dad different mom).  Someone backed out of the sale and now she is selling her for a lot less than she was orginally asking.  I haven't even talked to DH about it yet, so I am not sure he would even want to do it. 

The dog we have now, Bella is a miniature schnauzer and I love her to pieces!  She is such a good fit for our family and my kids really love her.  When I saw that on FB I thought, hmmmm maybe we want another, LOL.  What do you think?

Here is my baby Bella, she's a little bigger now:

And here is the new pup:

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommytoNandA
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:45 AM

BUMP!

futureshock
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:48 AM

No, it is not easier, it is twice the work.

MommytoNandA
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:50 AM

Too true.

Tori77
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:51 AM
Awww...what little cuties! I say go for it...now you just have to convince DH. Update later and let us know if you get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brianav
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:51 AM
It is easier form me. My weener dog had separation anxiety until we took a risk and bought a beagle pup. The live eachother and my weener doesn't give a crap if I leave the house now. Phew! But yeah it's twice the work...not hard work, but it's still work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Summer04
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:52 AM

In some ways it may make things easier, they definitely won't get lonely when you are gone.

However, before you bring another dog home you need to take your dog & make sure they get along.  I know they are 1/2 sisters but that does not mean they will get along. If they were together before & got along that doesn't mean it will be like that now.

They have been apart & your dog has become a part of your family, your dog may not want to share!

Also, don't forget to take the kids along to check out the pup & make sure this pup is a good fit for your family as well.

There is nothing harder w/pets than when you get them home & realize it isn't a good fit & you have to rehome them:(

Jadegirl1819
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:53 AM

It's a ton easier for me.  They play together and tire themselves out.

MommytoNandA
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:54 AM

She is really good about us leaving and doesn't mind, but I thought she would do well with a playmate! 

Quoting Brianav:

It is easier form me. My weener dog had separation anxiety until we took a risk and bought a beagle pup. The live eachother and my weener doesn't give a crap if I leave the house now. Phew! But yeah it's twice the work...not hard work, but it's still work.

lostandfound34
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:55 AM

it really depends on the dog.  Mine is easier to deal with by him self. My friend has a pit that CANT be by its self

FooLynRoo
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Im a big advocate of if you have one you should have two - simply because dogs have pack mentality - and yes they can pack with humans, I FEEL they also need that interaction with another dog.. Again my personal choice. Not saying anyone with one is a bad dog owner..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)