Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your child a b*****d?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:05 AM
  • 88 Replies

Both of mine are. 100% adorable little bastards.

Offensive? Nah... any child born out of wed-lock is a bastard child and since me and SO arent and dont plan on getting married, my kids will forever be bastards. Im going to teach them not to take offence to the word because its true. It doesnt make them any more or less a person. Mommy and daddy made them out of love, just out of wed-lock. 

I think certain words have been misused for so long that we forgot the original meaning... and now when used the correct way, people take offence when none was meant.

Would you take offence if I called you gay or queer? Because they originally meant happy and weird, but how many people do you think would misunderstand?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
savannahnhi
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:06 AM

No she is not.

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:07 AM

My oldest child was born out of wedlock but my husband adopted her shortly after we married. We have since had a son together as well.

Yes, I take offense to the term. Much the same as an AA would take offense to being called the "N" word, regardless of the dictionary definition.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our children that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

JenB1983
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:07 AM

Depends on who in my family you ask.  LOL  The uber religious on my dad's side consider both of my kiddos bastards; because DH and I weren't married in the church before they were born.  We were married...legally.....just not in the eyes of the church; so it didn't count. :-P  LOL  That side of the family cracks me up.

savannahnhi
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:07 AM

Are you trying to start drama?

L33T_G4MER
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:08 AM

My kids are not, but me and my husband both are.

~Annie~

sweet.lil.mama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:09 AM

no we were married when he was born.

FooLynRoo
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:09 AM

My son was born out of wedlock but I dont consider him illegitimate or a bastard. He was born to parents who have a commitment and love

TBRaysFan
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:10 AM

my oldest is. My youngest three are not.

I am one. My "father" was married to another woman when he knocked up my mother.

It's just a word and as you said it's the truth. Words can only hurt if you let them.

Come Join us to talk about The Tampa Bay Rays.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/110575

Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:10 AM
I am and so is my son. Who cares.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nemiller
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:10 AM
no, he's not. and regardless of the original meaning, the meanings those words carry now means i won't use them to describe people. the chance that i will hurt or offend someone is too great for me to risk it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)