Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Little Yipe Yipe Dogs

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:13 AM
  • 12 Replies

I have a Golden Retriever. She is on the smaller side for her breed (she only weighs 48lbs), but she's still a medium/large dog.

Anyways, DH and I (well, actually it's just me mainly) are watching a chihuahua for a guy in his unit until he and his wife get their housing situation under control (we are hoping it's only about a week or so).

Anyways, when my dog goes out to go to the bathroom, she pees real quick and then prances around in a circle a few times before she poops.

This little dog has me walking all over BFE before he friggin' does anything...lol.

Then he finally pees....and then I have to do the whole song and dance again before he poops.

I used to have little dogs growing up (actually, we had little and big dogs...) and the little ones always seem to take forever to do their business.

I can't just let the dogs out and then let them back in, we live in an apartment building and I have to walk around with them on the leash.

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice this too?

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuzyQ007
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:18 AM

Yeah, my mini schnauzer, Chloe, she is like this. She drives me crazy. We have a fenced in yard and I can let my bigger dogs out to go potty and they go right away with no problem. She wants to go outside the yard to go. So, I have to walk her most of the time. I have to make her go out when it has rained because she doesn't like to get her feet wet...lol She's a brat!

Brianav
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:20 AM
Lol oh yes. My mini weener is like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:21 AM

i hate little yippers,  my neighbors have 2 and they bark constantly... they dont seem to hear them.  very annoying.  i like a bigger dog.. not huge like a nephie (well over 100 lbs)  but big enough to have a real bark.

lcappytan05
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:25 AM

I usually don't like little yipers either, but this little guy is pretty good. He doesn't bark unless someone rings the doorbell (but my dog does it too) or if he hears a strange noise.

He's also a snuggler. I let him sleep on our bed last night because my dog scares the crap out of him. He crawled under the blanket and snuggles right against my belly or legs....

He prefers women, so he's been up my ass since he got here...lol

Quoting AmaliaD:

i hate little yippers,  my neighbors have 2 and they bark constantly... they dont seem to hear them.  very annoying.  i like a bigger dog.. not huge like a nephie (well over 100 lbs)  but big enough to have a real bark.

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

Mom2PunkRockers
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:32 AM

I am not a fan of any dog under say 40 lbs. I have 10 dogs in the house right now, 7 mine, 3 fosters, 9 of them are pit bulls , one is a rottie , and they all dont bark unless its necessary, and they go potty , get it over with and come back in the house.

My neighbors had TWO little yippers. We had the county put one to sleep because it attacked my almost 11 yr old pit bull when I was getting her out of the car. She was on her leash , the neighbors dog was running loose. The dog bit off part of my dog Laylas ear , chewed up her face and bit me after I pulled him off of her. That dog had bitten 2 other dogs before Layla, a neighborhood child and another adult before it bit me. Every dog I have ever been bitten by was a little yapper with one exception. I was attacked by a rottie that had been abused by its owners so that it would protect their car lot. They let him run loose. I own a rottie though. I will never own a small dog, in fact there is only one little dog on this planet I even like and it is my parents cocker spaniel Stella. I would never hurt a small dog , I would even protect one that was being abused, or hurt, I have even fostered them, but I would never own one as one of my family pets.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/thepitbullmommas      <--Click me if you love Pit Bulls!

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:33 AM

I live in the country.I open the door and tell them to get the hell out.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Quoting Mom2PunkRockers:

I am not a fan of any dog under say 40 lbs. I have 10 dogs in the house right now, 7 mine, 3 fosters, 9 of them are pit bulls , one is a rottie , and they all dont bark unless its necessary, and they go potty , get it over with and come back in the house.

My neighbors had TWO little yippers. We had the county put one to sleep because it attacked my almost 11 yr old pit bull when I was getting her out of the car. She was on her leash , the neighbors dog was running loose. The dog bit off part of my dog Laylas ear , chewed up her face and bit me after I pulled him off of her. That dog had bitten 2 other dogs before Layla, a neighborhood child and another adult before it bit me. Every dog I have ever been bitten by was a little yapper with one exception. I was attacked by a rottie that had been abused by its owners so that it would protect their car lot. They let him run loose. I own a rottie though. I will never own a small dog, in fact there is only one little dog on this planet I even like and it is my parents cocker spaniel Stella. I would never hurt a small dog , I would even protect one that was being abused, or hurt, I have even fostered them, but I would never own one as one of my family pets.

I have 2 of them.They are my reason for getting up in the morning............because they won't wait to eat and poo ,so I have to get up at 5 and feed them and let them out.

We should be in awe at the gift of having children rather than obsessed by our rights as a mother!

Jadegirl1819
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:34 AM

My small dogs are out and in real quick. 

VitaBangBang
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:38 AM

We've always had pitbulls. Never had little dogs before. We had to leave our dog behind b/c the army wouldn't let him come to germany. 

3 days ago we got a teacup yorkie. We wanted a little dog b/c military housing is so small. And she is cute. She does however yip yip. And that's not cute. We're going to train her not to. And she does take forever to pee and poop. But we're tryin to teach her to use a pee pad b/c she's so damn small. So we don't have to do the potty dance outside just inside. 

I miss my big dogs tho. 

Mom2PunkRockers
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:54 AM

They just arent for me. I need a dog you can DO things with, my guys like serious outdoor stuff, which is what we like to do as a family. When choosing dogs , people dont often take into consideration what breeds would be best for their family , their activity etc. I cant take a tiny dog hiking where I take my big dogs, for example, a tiny teacup dog would need to be carried or face breaking a leg, getting seriously hurt or falling way behind. I have just the right dogs for my family and our lifestyle , big guys with plenty of get up and go and energy. Small dogs are unappealing to all of us , because of our lifestyle and because we arent looking to have purse pets. We are looking to have our dogs to adventure with. I have no use for a dog whose sole purpose is to be little fluffy and cute. I appreciate that other people like them , and thats perfectly fine with me , but I also know they will never be for us.

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Mom2PunkRockers:

I have 2 of them.They are my reason for getting up in the morning............because they won't wait to eat and poo ,so I have to get up at 5 and feed them and let them out.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/thepitbullmommas      <--Click me if you love Pit Bulls!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)