Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do in this situation at the grocery store?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:13 AM
  • 78 Replies

say you made a meal plan and budget for the grocery store. you have a set amount of money for groceries, let's say 50 dollars. you go to check out and your total is 75. do you take money out of th e money in your wallet set back for bills and figure something else out at bill time? or do you try to take 25 dollars worth of stuff back?

-totally hypothetical.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Pay the 75.00.  I can't stand having to put groceries back for lack of money.  It is humiliating, to me.

dbldogdare
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Go ahead and buy it.  When I was paying cash I would take a note pad and write everything down with its price as I went and add it up before I checked out. That's way less embarrassing than going over at the check out. lol

WhitleyLyles
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:16 AM

I would definitely pay the extra 25dollars-you wouldn't catch me putting groceries back LOL

briana_paige
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:17 AM

If I was in that situation, I would've had a calculator with me to be adding up my total as I shopped.

But, I used to work in a grocery store and people get you to take items off of their ticket more than you think. It would surprise me how often people would choose to take off the good healthy food over junk.

CafeMom Tickers
mom2four1978
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:17 AM

I would just pay for the grocieries and then figure something else out for the bills. Since there was a meal plan in place I would feel that I needed everything that I was trying to purchase.

Esmesmomma2008
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:18 AM

I always have a calculator and add up as i am going to make sure that doesn't happen but if it did i would just pay because it was my error and not theirs and I would hate for them to have to put stuff back on account of me

tammylynn34

neither!  I would have took pen and paper an added my bill as i went shopping!

That is what you do when you are on a tight budget!

unspecified42

$25 isn't too much for me to put on a credit card without blinking, personally. My budget isn't that tight.

MNLETLE
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:19 AM

In red....I'd be far to embarrassed to put them back though had I not used a calculator.

Quoting briana_paige:

If I was in that situation, I would've had a calculator with me to be adding up my total as I shopped.

But, I used to work in a grocery store and people get you to take items off of their ticket more than you think. It would surprise me how often people would choose to take off the good healthy food over junk.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Lisa807
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:19 AM

take 25 dollars back

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)