Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unfreaking believeable!!! WWYD? Update page 16.!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:36 AM
  • 199 Replies

This week has totally sucked. First my dh's grandma passes away, no this!  My 13 year old son has been having major problems at school this year. He has been going through being bullied by kids horribly. He has come home with bruises and very upset because he has been called everything in the book including f*g and C**t! The other week, a couple of boys told him that if my ds wanted to make everyone happy at the school, he should just kill himself! Needless to say, he can't consentrate in class. I have had meeting after meeting with the assistant principal and principal, and their attitude is that he should just ignore them. He was physically attacked last month at lunch and he decided to fight back. He was suspended and I had to go in for another meeting because she (the assistant principal) felt that he had anger issues. She said that he is not allowed to touch another student even if they attack him. He is just supposed to walk away. The councelor told him last week that if he has problems concentrating that he could go up to the office to do his school work and calm down. Yesterday, the ass. Princ. called me and said that he was spending too much time in the office and that I had to come in today and follow him around all day. I called the Principal and he told me that it was just an idea, and that he knew I have 2 LOs at home. I told him that it would make the bullying worse. The other kids are going to see him with his "Mommy" and give him hell about it. The Principal understood what I was saying. About an hour later, the ass. Princ. called me back SCREAMING at me! She said that I had a choice, either come in and shadow my son all day, or...she will suspend him until I did!!WTF? I have to find someone to stay with my LOs and make sure my 6 year old gets on and off of the bus, so I can follow my 13 year old son around and embarrass him all day. My oldest daughter can't do it because she has a job interview! Who does the ass. principal think she is? She calls me up threatening me and yelling like that? My son gets verbally abused all day and bullied and she does nothing! Now I know why, SHE is a bully too!!!!!!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Erna2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:53 AM

No one has any opinions? Advice? Anything?

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:56 AM

When is school out?

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:57 AM

"ass " principal is right.You get your ass to the school board and demand action.They cannot do that to you.Tell them you want an evaluation and an IEP plan.Call IDEA.Do what you have to.Home school.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:57 AM

I don't know what to say.......but maybe call the school board.  Bullying should not be tolerated and it isn't acceptable anymore in most places for the principal to say..the kids will just have to ignore it.  Bullying is a huge problem and is being cracked down on.  Keep calling until someone gives you results.  She can't make a parent come in and shadow their child........they have not been cleared to be in the school everyday all day like other workers......never heard of a principal trying that one before.........(Not saying I don't believe you...just saying that is crazy).  Call everyone and their brother and the press if you have to. 

dbldogdare
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Private school? Sorry, they sound ridiculous and I'd start trying to figure out how to get him out of there. Really they sound like horrible people. WTH!

spunky946
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Wow I am so sorry.  Can you go above their heads to the superindent of the school district?  or a school board.  IMO the school should help do something to stop the bullying, like talking to the other kids parents.  Or suspend those kids.  I am so sorry your son is going through this.  My kids are younger so I have not had this expericence yet.  So here's a bump.

Erna2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:58 AM

It is 7 am now. I have to leave in about 45 minutes. I will be there from 8 until 2:30/3. Fun fun.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

When is school out?

Erna2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:59 AM

What is IDEA?

Quoting laranadtony:

"ass " principal is right.You get your ass to the school board and demand action.They cannot do that to you.Tell them you want an evaluation and an IEP plan.Call IDEA.Do what you have to.Home school.

momsbabies
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Switching schools is not an option?  What does shadowing him for a day going to prove?  Do they want you to see what his day is like around the other kids?  They aren't going to bother him with you around therefore your obviously not going to see any bullying yourself.  They won't do that around his mother.  I guess your next step would be to go to the superintendent or the school board?  I'm not really sure.

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Why have you not gone to the school board yet?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)