Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My grandpa went into cardiac arrest last night. *update in red* another update

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:38 AM
  • 14 Replies

:(

He's in a coma and they're not sure how much longer he has.  Please send good thoughts/prayers to my family.  My grandparents have been married for almost 50 years.

They survived a horrific car crash in 2006, which landed him in the ICU for 9 weeks.  He had been healing well, but now he is back in the hospital.

He's such a good man... I will be crushed when he dies.

**UPDATE***

Well, i guess he's ok for now but he has a lung infection (he vomited and it went into his lungs) and his kidneys aren't working very well, and he's on a respirator and oxygen, and a bunch of blood pressure medicine, and antibiotics.  My sister visited him (she is a medic in the air force) and she said it could go either way.  Please keep him in your thoughts.

**UPDATE**

We are cautiously optomistic.  Grandpa was put on dialysis because of his kideys, and it seems to be working.  He was taken off the ventilator and they are slowly taking him out of the coma.  Please pray that he gets even better! Thanks so much for the kind words, everyone.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBloom777
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I'm so sorry for your family!  Stay strong.  You're in my thoughts. 

weezer_cookie
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Thank you.  I think it will be a rough few weeks ahead.

MovalMomsADMIN
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:42 AM

im sorry and luck  to you all

toopicky429
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:42 AM

I'll be praying for you and your family!

weezer_cookie
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:43 AM

thank you for the prayers.  He's such a good person...

Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:43 AM

I will be praying for you and your family.

weezer_cookie
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:47 AM
thank you.
mollyje
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:52 AM
(((((you & your family))))) My maternal grandma, my last grand parent, passed last fall. I really miss her. May all that is comforting to you and your family find rest in your minds & hearts during this difficult time. If it is meant to be, may your grandpa recover swiftly & completely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connietrrll
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:38 AM

My mom suffered a massive heart attack back in 2000. Then again this last September. She was in a coma for almost a week. When she was first in the ICU we were told to bring the kids in and say our good bye's. She doesn't remember the coma, she does remember everyone doughting over her. She is still dealing with issues from it. But, she is alive and doing as well as she can. She is my best friend and I don't know what I would have done if she didn't make it. I pray you are lucky like we were. However, I believe God has a plan, and he will do what he feels necessary. I will keep him and your family in my prayers.

easinpc
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:58 PM

I am so sorry for everything you and your family are going thru right now *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)