Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you became Muslim....

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:58 AM
  • 246 Replies

I'll admit. I have become obsessed. Instead of watching True blood last night, my husband and I watched a lecture by a Muslim speaker.

So, I have some new questions. More personal ones. 

How did your family react when you told them? 

Do you go to a Mosjid?

Do you pray 5 times a day or do you sometimes skip some prayers? What are the reasons if you miss a prayer?

When did you first decide to wear hijab?

If you do not wear hijab, why?

Did you feel attacked by Satan the way Christians do when your faith got deeper? 

Thats all I got for now. Some questions were inspired by the speaker. Some are just personal thoughts that ran through my head.

ETA: 
Are there Muslim movies that you like?

What about Muslim songs/music? 

Do you use a Muslim name now that you are Muslim? Or keep the name your parents gave you?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:59 AM

BUMP!

C.Gypsy

BUMP!

-xoxo-

BUMP!

mommymandaleigh
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:00 PM

BUMP cause I have no IDEA !!!!!

C.Gypsy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:05 PM

BUMP!

DreadyMom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:12 PM

BUMP!

IhartU
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:13 PM

I'll bump for you

futureshock
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Could you explain the Satan question a little more?

C.Gypsy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Come on, someone answer. I wanna know too! Lol.

isra1986
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:17 PM

How did your family react when you told them?
They weren't happy about it, and still really aren't happy, but are accepting on the surface most of the time !

Do you go to a Mosjid?
I used to, until having DD. I have been thinking lately about going back every Friday.

Do you pray 5 times a day or do you sometimes skip some prayers? What are the reasons if you miss a prayer?
I will admit this is one of my biggest struggles, mainly with the morning prayer that comes around 5 in the morning. It kills me, If I wake up after going to sleep, even after an hour, I am up for the day! But I do my best and rarely miss it.

When did you first decide to wear hijab?
When I first converted, it was only part time. I wore it everywhere but work! I would put it on to go to work and take it off once I got there, put it on at the end of the day. That lasted for 6 months and I have been wearing it for almost 6 years now!

If you do not wear hijab, why?

Did you feel attacked by Satan the way Christians do when your faith got deeper?
No, after I converted everything in my life fell in place. My faith hasn't ever wavered, it's constant and strong.

I am not Palestinian (although I married into the culture). I am human. I
believe in human rights for everyone. Some people may think that this
is not "our" fight, but it is to me, because no matter their religion or cultural background, they are our brothers and sisters in humanity.  I will protest right along side everyone in Palestine. I may not be able to change the world, but I can
die trying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)