Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i make this work WAHM

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

I work from home. I have to take calls during the day and i'm really busy. How do i keep my 4 year old happy. I feel bad for her, but i have deadlines to meet and can't just hang out with her all day. What could i do to make this work out?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SavageMom86
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:18 PM
Day care?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Make a schedule so that you will have certain times of day where she needs to be occupied by a task on her own.   Find someone that could help watch her.   Enroll her in a preschool.

ILive4This
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I know there are quite a few wahm here.  Maybe edit your title, to include "wahm" in it??  It's kind of a generic heading, right now.

Misurromommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:49 PM
thanks
Misurromommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:59 PM
bump
KandiceN
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:02 PM

How long during the day do you work?

When I first started WAH my DD was up my butt a lot lol but now I've been doing it for 6mo and she's great.  I work during my sons nap (2-3hrs a day) and she stays upstairs and plays on the computer or watches a movie or just plays with her toys.  If she gets lonely she'll come down and sit quietly and watch me work but that gets boring so she'll move back upstairs again.. It just took some time for her to understand that mommy needs quiet time.

Lilypie - (Cibd)

ncmommyof3
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:20 PM
I work from home taking calls with a 4 and 5 yr old home when they were younger i would work at nap time but now i try to find them new stuff to play, new movies, even painting bread with food color
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misurromommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:58 PM

I work 8+ hours a day. Full time. My DD doesn't take naps anymore.

KandiceN
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:02 PM

If I was working full time I would hire someone to be a mothers helper, or something like that.  That's just too long for a 4yr old to fend for herself for the majority of the day :\

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)