Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling down.. :( Need a boost, ladies

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:18 PM
  • 20 Replies

Lately, I've been feeling really down on myself. I've lost a lot of weight (about 75lbs in the past year) and none of my clothes fit right. I work a million hours a week and this weekend, I'm going to have to cover my shifts and another girl's shifts (since she's got some VERY deserved vacation coming up). But when I told DH this, and how tired it makes me feel just THINKING about it, he said that since he'd be alone with DS all weekend, I should make his life easier if I could during the week. WTH?

He's been pulling away emotionally... not nearly as romantic or sweet as he once was. I feel lonely. I feel... not pretty. I'm tired. And one of my guy friends was just talking to me about how he's got a crush on a friend of mine and how lovely she is, how he'd love to take care of her, etc. etc. It's just made me feel down.

I've tried to talk to DH about it, but... he just says he's tired and does his own thing. Anyone else get a little twinge of jealousy when you see that 'new couple' thing going on between other people?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyranightshade
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Any ol' word of encouragement would do.

lyranightshade
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:20 PM

..bump?

lyranightshade
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Please? Even a 'hey, you're not grotesque!' or a 'buck up, buttercup' would do.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:21 PM

No.We still have that.My BIL's gf fusses because she says we "hump lke rabbits" .We don't .You be romantic.Call him into the bedroom after you wrap yourself in tin foil and tell him dinner is ready but he has to remove the foil.

Schleetle
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Sorry you are feeling down. Hope it passes, and you feel better soon.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Dress up like a hooker and offer to have sex with him for 20 bucks but give him a line of credit.

veganmommy04
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:22 PM

it will be ok and the new couple phase always wears off :)

lyranightshade
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM

He'd just tell me to sit in the microwave. He'll get the leftover's later. Seriously. He doesn't have much interest in that. His drive is WAY lower than mine.

Quoting laranadtony:

No.We still have that.My BIL's gf fusses because she says we "hump lke rabbits" .We don't .You be romantic.Call him into the bedroom after you wrap yourself in tin foil and tell him dinner is ready but he has to remove the foil.

lyranightshade
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Thanks! I really do appreciate it. And I hope I feel like my happy self again soon. I hate not being happy.

Quoting Schleetle:

Sorry you are feeling down. Hope it passes, and you feel better soon.

xXxLillithxXx
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Oh yes I know EXACTLY how you feel except for the weight loss part I'm still a fatty and so I blame that for my SO not wanting me. Congrats on your weight loss I'm a lil jealous. I think you're beautiful and your husband is a moron for not treating you better. I know it doesn't help much to know your not alone but its a small consolation. I too get a lil pissy when I see people head over heels. It doesn't seem fair. Hang in there little lady...hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)