Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It is our car not yours!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:13 PM
  • 24 Replies

Why is it that teenagers have the urge to tell all their friends that they own a car that they don't?

Okay a couple of days ago I put on face book that my dh and I heard from the insurance adjuster and that our car was totaled. Cause a old lady backed into our car in the wal mart parking lot a week ago. Well anyways our car still runs but it would cost more to fix it then to buy a new one that is why he said it was totaled. It just has a big dent  and scraches all the way down to the bumper and the wheel needs re aligned and the trunk and underneith lights need fixed oh and the frame it bent. Anyways we were told that when it get totaled we could buy it back. Well anyways when I posted it on facebook my neice said that that she wanted to buy it and we told her no cause we were going to keep it. And my neice wrote back that we should fix it because it is her car anyways. Well I wrote back it is not your car. We bought it it is our car not yours. So now she has been telling all of her friends that it is her car and not ours. I am just so upset.

My cousin tried to do the same thing a couple of weeks ago when he got his licence he went on face book and told all his friends to look at the pics of his new truck. Well me and his sister said That is not your truck it is your dads new truck. Your dad wouldn't let you touch his new truck. Stop telling everyone that it is yours. And then like two days later he tried to tell his friends to look at the pic of all of the deer he shot and again it wasn't his deer he shot it was his dads.

I just get so sick and tired of ppl claiming that they own stuff that they don't. Errr okay my rant is over.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Countrygerl
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:20 PM

BUMP!

mommymandaleigh
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Well not much you can do about it ! YOU know the truth and that is all that matter, unless you want to spend all your time stalking people's FB's to try and find the lies and then call them out I say move on !!!!

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Why would your niece say it was her car?  Anyway...thats what some people do.  They want to impress others..

audriesmommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:23 PM

I dont think it is teenagers, it is liars.  They do not change no matter what age they are.

mommytobe090610
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Huh?

audriesmommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Why is your neice saying it is her car anyways?

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Why does it bother you so much that people lie? They're not hurting anyone..just making themselves look sad to those who know the truth.

MovalMomsADMIN
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:25 PM

thats weird lmao your family sounds kinda out there... most teens arent like that

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:26 PM

And I'm confused as to why your neice is saying its her car..?

Countrygerl
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

Why would your niece say it was her car?  Anyway...thats what some people do.  They want to impress others..

My niece is saying it is her car cause when dh and I bought it when she was in high school and she wanted it but she couldn't afford it and still can't. Anyways we have a really nice car. It would be any teenagers dream to have. I guess she is just bragging to her friends that it is hers so she can impress them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)