Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Packing the Diaper Bag?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:51 PM
  • 14 Replies

Ok I am going in to be induced on Monday. And Im working on getting the diaper bag all packed and ready to go. So what all do I need I just feel like im forgetting somethings that I should have in there.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:53 PM

I packed a new shirt for me, socks, pajama pants, tooth brush and tooth paste, my comb, face soap, and my laptop. For the baby I packed a going home outfit, diapers, and wipes. I was only in the hospital a day and a half, so that's all I needed.

Monica84
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Ive got that stuff for the trip but I also want to have the regular everyday diaper bag packed and its been so long since ive done it I feel like im forgetting stuff.

Quoting KairisMama:

I packed a new shirt for me, socks, pajama pants, tooth brush and tooth paste, my comb, face soap, and my laptop. For the baby I packed a going home outfit, diapers, and wipes. I was only in the hospital a day and a half, so that's all I needed.

Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:01 PM

For baby:

Homecoming outfit, sleeper, couple onsies, socks.

Me: Makeup brush (travelsize shampoo conditioner toothpaste bodywash) tooth brush. 3 pairs of socks undies and bras. 3 tshirts  2 pajama pants. My camera ( new batteries)  CELL PHONE CHARGER!  i dont normally carry my checkbook with me and  i needed it to send off his social security stuff so i just made DF go get it lol.

I was in the hospital for 6 days though.

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Most hospitals provide everything for the baby and even toliteries for you.. The biggest thing you need is going home outfits for you and baby and the camera.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:04 PM

When I pack a regular diaper bag I have: diapers, wipes, extra onesies, socks, spit rags, bibs, bottles, a pacifier, lotion, desitin, baby hat, and a blanket. When he's older I'll add snacks and toys to the bag.

Quoting Monica84:

Ive got that stuff for the trip but I also want to have the regular everyday diaper bag packed and its been so long since ive done it I feel like im forgetting stuff.

Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:04 PM

ohhh ok just read your reply.

Diaper bag.

3-4 sleepers

onsies

sockies

burp clothes/recieving blankets

extra bottles (if formula feeding)

formula/bottled water

diaper sacks for not only diapers but dirty clothes.

butt cream

lotion

clippers

diapers

wipes

i think? thats it LOL

mamabear100109
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:04 PM
diapers, bottles, formula measured out, safety/grooming kit, back-up outfit, burp cloth/bib, wipes, diaper rash cream and that's all i can think of!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I know that this won't fit in the diaper bag, its just a suggestion, have the car seat installed. My hubby and I didn't have the car seat installed before our daughter came. Although in our defense she decided to come 2 weeks early!! Don't forget the camera, another thing we forgot!! Good Luck with your labor and delivery!!

D.Tetz
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Diapers, wipes, nuk/pacifier... if you are doing that, bottles if you are doing that, boobie pads, lots of outfits :) A CAMERA ( I would pack a disposable in the diaper bag just in case you forget to grab one, batteries for your camera if you have one. Butt rash cream (just in case) baby lotion, bibs, burp clothes, blanket, little socks. Ummm packing changing table/mat if you use those. A toy or stuff animal if you'd like. This is just for baby right??? Don't forget the car seat :)

Monica84
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Im getting it cleaned up today. And the hubby is putting it in this weekend.

Quoting momma2b2008:

I know that this won't fit in the diaper bag, its just a suggestion, have the car seat installed. My hubby and I didn't have the car seat installed before our daughter came. Although in our defense she decided to come 2 weeks early!! Don't forget the camera, another thing we forgot!! Good Luck with your labor and delivery!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)