Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why the Silent Treatment?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:08 PM
  • 8 Replies

Can anyone help me understand why grown woman give each other the silent treatment instead of solving the problem like adults?

I have tried going to this person and asking what the problem is but I've been told repeatedly that it's nothing and to let it go.  I've noticed that when children's pictures are shared, they are shown to everyone but me and they don't even speak to me in the morning.

What should I do?

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and

petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the

peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
" Phil 4:6-7

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in

Jesus Christ.
" Phil 4:19

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:09 PM

then seriously let it go. Is she doesnt want to tell you then let it go. Dont waste your efforts trying to see what the problem is.

She is only hurting herself in keeping a grudge

Mom2RJnVA
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:13 PM

True...thank you!  Does anyone else have any thoughts?

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:14 PM

I dont know...

isra1986
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:14 PM

For me personally, I would leave it alone.
I give the silent treatment when I know I will probably end up going off on the person if I don't!

I am not Palestinian (although I married into the culture). I am human. I
believe in human rights for everyone. Some people may think that this
is not "our" fight, but it is to me, because no matter their religion or cultural background, they are our brothers and sisters in humanity.  I will protest right along side everyone in Palestine. I may not be able to change the world, but I can
die trying.

adon87
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:17 PM

me 2

Quoting isra1986:

For me personally, I would leave it alone.
I give the silent treatment when I know I will probably end up going off on the person if I don't!

ikesmommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:21 PM

If she cannot act like an adult and get whatever it is off her chest, don't give her the respect or time of day. She is obviously trying to make you jealous by offering others the attention she is purposefully keeping away from you. Unless she is your real friend or a relative, don't waste your time.

Mom2RJnVA
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM

yeah...i feel that way too...

I'm definitely praying for the ability to just let it go.  It's just hard because I don't understand how we could've been close one day and then not no more than a day or two later, you're not speaking.  But its out of my hands and in God's.

Quoting ikesmommy:

If she cannot act like an adult and get whatever it is off her chest, don't give her the respect or time of day. She is obviously trying to make you jealous by offering others the attention she is purposefully keeping away from you. Unless she is your real friend or a relative, don't waste your time.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and

petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the

peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
" Phil 4:6-7

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in

Jesus Christ.
" Phil 4:19

pixie_trix
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Why grown women give each other or anyone else the silent treatment is something I can not answer. I don't understand it. I find it to be; Childish, Passive Aggressive and futile.

If I were in your situation.. Speaking only for myself and how I personally would view the situation.

I would let it go. I honestly would just walk away and forget about it. I can't force someone to tell me what their problem is, or what their problem with me is. If I try and they aren't willing to give. Then screw them. I go on about my life. And usually, I don't have anything to do with that person again, unless I absolutely have to for some reason. I don't play games, and the silent treatment amongst grown ass women is game playing. Someone either want's to be my friend or not. Someone giving me the silent treatment falls under "not". So piss on them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)